Automate

View Only
  • 1.  How do I send email notifications to individuals that are not users on Evolve

Posted 05-09-2023 15:24
    Edited by Lisa O'Neil 05-09-2023 16:29

UPDATE: I have resolved my issue.  All is working properly.

I am using Evolve 20.3.1 and currently have a swim lane set up in the workflow that pulls an email field set up on my form; it is an Email element.  This email is not a current user of Evolve and the notifications are not being received by them.  I have done some testing where I add them to the user groups and then they receive the email notifications but I don't want to have to add these random individuals into the user groups.  Is there another way?  Thanks!

------------------------------
    Lisa O'Neil
    HP Hood LLC
    Lynnfield MA

• 2.  RE: How do I send email notifications to individuals that are not users on Evolve

Employee
    Posted 05-11-2023 07:51

Hi Lisa,
    are you using email plugin or a notification node to send this email?
    There are no restrictions on sending email through email plugin or notification node, you can send email to user who are not in group as well.
    if the user email is outside your company domain, make sure email domain is not blocked by your IT team on the smtp server.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Hammad Naeem
    Precisely Software Inc.

• 3.  RE: How do I send email notifications to individuals that are not users on Evolve

Posted 05-15-2023 10:51

Hi Naeem,

I was sending to employees that were not an Evolve user so the email domain was the same but it wasn't working.  I used the Send Email Plug-in and then everything seemed to work perfectly.

Thanks for the response!

Lisa

Lisa J. O'Neil

Master Data Lead, Information Technologies

HP Hood, LLC

Corporate Office

Six Kimball Lane

Lynnfield, MA 01940

Cell: (781) 258-6604

Confidentiality Notice:  This email and any of its attachments may contain sensitive confidential information or information required to be kept confidential under law.  If you are not an intended recipient, you should not retain, disseminate, distribute, or copy this e-mail and may be violating law if you do so. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments immediately.