Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Download Work order long text via winshuttle studio

Posted 01-19-2023 08:15
    Hello Gurus,

I can download SAP notifications and task-long text by using SAP table STXL.

But winshuttle is giving no result when trying to extract SAP work order long text.

Is this standard behaviour?

Regards,
    Preeti

------------------------------
    preeti aich | Asset and Maintenance Data Lead
    Thames Water Utilities Ltd | 07747646346

• 2.  RE: Download Work order long text via winshuttle studio

Posted 01-20-2023 08:34
    Hi Preeti
    I am not sure if this will be helpful, but I needed to read line item specific text from a purchase order. All traditional ways of getting the data were not providing accurate outputs. We found instead using BAPI "RFC_READ_TEXT" is what worked for us. I don't know if it will also work for your needs, but i have attached a copy of the script and template. For us, we needed the PO# concatenated with the line item and language key in order to get an accurate output. You would also need to know the TDOBJECT so someone in IT may need to assist you. Hopefully this helps, even if it just guides you in a direction that completes your efforts.

Vanessa Kutasi | Application Analyst II
    IDEXX | New England WUG Leader

Attachment(s)

Txr
    Read PO Item Text.Txr   46 KB 1 version
    xlsx
    Read PO Item Text.xlsx   5 KB 1 version

• 3.  RE: Download Work order long text via winshuttle studio

Posted 01-20-2023 17:48
    Thanks, for your suggestion but we dont have BAPI access. Only via tables or transactions can extract.

preeti aich | Asset and Maintenance Data Lead

• 4.  RE: Download Work order long text via winshuttle studio

Employee
    Posted 02-02-2023 10:30
    Hi Preeti

One idea is it might be a zero padding issue. So please ensure you are zero padding the WO # properly for SAP.   The tables work off of exact zero padding, so if the field is longer, I'd suggest using an formula to zero pad to the correct length for the object you're working with.

Example, you may have a field that is 30 characters long, but the object you are creating is 12 characters long, if so, zero pad to 12 characters, like: 000403929201​.  If you used the default length, you'd have extra zeros and it wouldn't find the record in the long text tables.

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 5.  RE: Download Work order long text via winshuttle studio

Posted 02-02-2023 12:50

Thanks, Sigrid.

In SAP in order's long text, I can see values to pass in STXL table to extract long text. Here text name has a length of 70 chars. I already tried zero padding but no result.

For notification and notification tasks I am following long text-header detail and get long text successfully without zero padding.

Regards,

Preeti