MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Does anyone know if there is a tool in MapInfo that can Quarter Survey Sections?

Posted 06-09-2023 16:38

Hi, I am reaching out to see if anyone knows if there is a tool or function that can quarter survey sections, I.E the NW/4, NE/4, W/2 of section 2,  etc. Is there a tool that has the ability to quarter based off of quarter calls or aliquots entered on a spreadsheet? Or perhaps a tool that you can enter this information into? I have several oil and gas leases to map that have hundreds of quarter calls over several counties in West Texas. Instead of drawing these all manually I am hoping there is something in MapInfo that can auto build or generate the polygons based off this criteria. Thanks!

------------------------------
    Shannon Kloster
    TRINITY MINERAL MANAGEMENT
    SAN ANTONIO TX

• 2.  RE: Does anyone know if there is a tool in MapInfo that can Quarter Survey Sections?

Employee
    Posted 06-12-2023 01:55

Hi Shannon

Do you have the survey sections as polygons?

Are you looking for at tool that can divide an existing polygon into 4?

Cheers

Peter

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 3.  RE: Does anyone know if there is a tool in MapInfo that can Quarter Survey Sections?

Posted 06-12-2023 09:11

Hi Peter,

The survey sections are not polygons, they are a table that was brought in. I am hoping there is a tool or function that can create a polygon based on the description I give it, that can build to the survey. Most of the sections in this area are 640 acres. I might need my polygon to only be the NW quarter of this section, or the NE quarter of the section, or the North half of the section. Or, perhaps if I have table with these descriptions entered, it can auto build them? We are just looking for a faster way to map these versus drawing them all manually via the polygon tool.

Thanks!

Shannon Kloster
    TRINITY MINERAL MANAGEMENT
    SAN ANTONIO TX