Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Create MM02 Sales Text

Posted 06-05-2023 11:10
    I have previously created scripts that added multiple lines of text data to MM02 Sales Text. The process involved going into the actual MM02 sales text editor, manipulate the editor to provide for a varying quantity of text lines, and then enter each line of text and then saving.

Unfortunately, I cannot locate any of my previous scripts, nor any documentation describing the process.

Can someone please point me to documentation, sample scripts, webinars, tutorials etc. that describe in detail how to process multiple lines of sales text?

Thanks . . .

------------------------------
    David Leon
    Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Inc.
    Raritan NJ

• 2.  RE: Create MM02 Sales Text

Posted 06-07-2023 06:32

David, there you find an interesting webinar on text entering: https://preciselyu.precisely.com/studio-3-ways-to-maximize-long-text-in-sap-and-save-time-and-resources/1134493 

hth, Jan

jan ketele
    Xeikon Manufacturing NV

• 3.  RE: Create MM02 Sales Text

Posted 06-08-2023 08:39

Thank you Jan . . . that is exactly what I was looking for.

Most helpful!

David Leon
    Raritan NJ

• 4.  RE: Create MM02 Sales Text

Employee
    Posted 06-07-2023 09:01

Hi David

If you have the Function Module installed in your SAP system, you can use the upload and download long text feature.  Otherwise, you will need to go to the line editor.  How you record that depends on what you're trying to do.  For example, some people want to add text to the top or bottom.  Others want to wipe what is there and have either a fixed set of lines (and often want to flatten the data so there is no loop) or use a loop to loop through lines.  So how you do it depends on what you're trying to do.

The doc is here:  https://help.precisely.com/r/Automate-Studio/20.3/en-US/Automate-Studio-with-Connect-User-Guide/Transaction/Map-Fields/Add-Long-Text  and Jan shared a wuginar on the topic already.

Best Regards,

Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.

• 5.  RE: Create MM02 Sales Text

Posted 06-08-2023 08:51

Thanks for sharing Sigrid.  WOW, the upload and download long text functionality is far improved over the traditional line editor method.  And, while the document you referred me to is for 20.3, we're on 20.1 and it seems to work well for MM02 on that version.

Very helpful and thanks again!

David Leon
    Raritan NJ