Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Create Connection - network folder connection to access raster files

Posted 07-20-2023 00:33

HI All,

I am looking to access ecw raster files and they are all in one repository in a different server. I do no not want to copy them across as they are many and huge files. Is there a way we can change to access the files in a different server? Right now it only shows C and D drive as below.

------------------------------
    Caleb Kantepudi
    BRIMBANK CITY COUNCIL
    Sunchine VIC

• 2.  RE: Create Connection - network folder connection to access raster files

Posted 07-20-2023 19:33
    Edited by Duri Bradshaw 07-20-2023 19:34

Hi Caleb,

Make sure you have a very good network connection between the two servers if you want your imagery to render quickly.

You have two options:

1. Tell Spectrum to Map a Network Drive for you (I haven't tried this yet so I'm not sure how it works)
    2. Change the service account that Spectrum uses so it can access data over the network

Changing Service Account

Firstly the service account that is running Spectrum will need to have access to the share and the data in the share (share permissions and file permissions). You can either share the data with everyone (which is less secure) or you can change the Spectrum service account to run as a domain user and then grant it permissions to access the share, you will also need to grant the user read permissions to your local data and read/write permissions to the Spectrum install folder otherwise Spectrum wont run.

Once Spectrum has access to the data you can then use a UNC path to access the share over the network (\\servername\share).
    Duri Bradshaw
    Spatial IT Consultant
    Insight GIS

• 3.  RE: Create Connection - network folder connection to access raster files

Posted 08-02-2023 00:39

Hi Duri,

I tried the 1st option and it worked! 

Thank you very much.

Caleb Kantepudi
    BRIMBANK CITY COUNCIL
    Sunchine VIC