MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Cookie Cutter

Posted 05-27-2022 05:40
    Hi,
    I used to have a tool (mbx file) which cut through layers called  cookie2008.  I was trying to use it in MapInfo Pro 17 but it was skewing the projection.  I tried to remove it to try an older version and it has been deleted from the folder not just in the tools list, I tried cookie98 but this fails after the third layer opens.  I have a lot of layers to cut through to obtain an extract and so it will take me a long time to go through them individually.  Any ideas where I can locate a copy or is there another way to do it in MapInfo Pro 17 now?

------------------------------
    Debbie McEnaney
    Sefton Council

• 2.  RE: Cookie Cutter

Employee
    Posted 05-30-2022 02:05
    Hi Debbie

Are you saying that the projection of the new tables was different from the projection of the original tables?

Thanks

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 3.  RE: Cookie Cutter

Posted 05-30-2022 08:23
    Hi Peter,
    Yes.  I did a simple polygon to test as it wasn't obvious immediately with other data. The red boundary shows how much it was skewed. I can't test again as I have deleted the cookie2008.mbx by mistake and can't find a free download on the internet to try again.  Do you know where I could obtain this tool it is such a useful tool if I can get working in MapInfo 17. 

Debbie McEnaney
    Sefton Council
    Shelton CT

• 4.  RE: Cookie Cutter

Employee
    Posted 05-31-2022 02:01
      |   view attached
    I have attached the 2008 version of CookieCutter that I had on my laptop

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

Attachment(s)

zip
    Cookie2008.zip   5 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: Cookie Cutter

Posted 05-31-2022 08:58

Thank you Peter much appreciated.  I tested it again and I have noticed it overwrites my projection in the Map Options window from British National Grid (1mm accuracy) [EPSG:27700] to Longitude / Latitude (WGS 84) [EPSG: 4326].  When I change the Map Options back to British National Grid the cut data looks fine and just the cookie boundary is skewed. No idea what causes the cookie/boundary to be changed to Longitude / Latitude projection, double checked and created a new boundary ensuring the Map Options projection was British National Grid when I digitised it but same thing happens.  It is however cutting the data correctly.  

Debbie McEnaney
    Sefton Council
    Shelton CT

• 6.  RE: Cookie Cutter

Posted 05-31-2022 08:58
    Hi Debbie
    Were you using the Bing mapping or some other WMS/WMTS background? As this would have changed the projection of the map Window.
    (MapInfo version 2021 allows re-projection of Bing or other to your desired projection).

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom

• 7.  RE: Cookie Cutter

Posted 05-31-2022 09:12
    Hi John,
    No haven't got as far as bringing in those layers yet.  I don't think I have access.  I am currently waiting for IT Department to come back to me as I think other issues I am having are related to permissions for example my Universal Translator can't access schema etc.   I have asked can we skip version 17 and move to 21.  Just going to try the Clip art as suggested by Klaus Schacht

Debbie McEnaney
    Sefton Council
    Shelton CT

• 8.  RE: Cookie Cutter

Posted 05-30-2022 15:47
    Hi Debbie,

you could try "Clip Export".
    With Clip Export, a section of a map window can be exported to various CAD and GIS output formats. Only the objects within the desired section are exported (clipping). The export can span several levels at the same time.
    It's a Function of GeoAS Toolpad: AGIS - MapInfo Tools (geoas.de)

Klaus Schacht
    AGIS Anwender-Geo-Informations-Systeme GmbH
    Bad Homburg

• 9.  RE: Cookie Cutter

Posted 06-01-2022 05:36
    Thank you Klaus.   It worked.  I downloaded the trial version and it places them in separate layers within a dwg so is a really useful tool.

Debbie McEnaney
    Sefton Council
    Shelton CT

• 10.  RE: Cookie Cutter

Posted 06-01-2022 10:19
    Hi Debbie,

I'm glad that the tool helps you! If you need an permanent Version, feel free to contact us by E-Mail: info@geoas.de !

Klaus Schacht
    AGIS Anwender-Geo-Informations-Systeme GmbH
    Bad Homburg