Precisely Enterworks

View Only
  • 1.  Change attribute value after 30 days

Posted 03-08-2024 15:10

I have two attributes in the same repo.  Product Status and Manager ApprovalProduct Status is set to "New", withing 30 days the manager approves the product record.  If the manager does not set the Manager Approval attribute, I need to set Product Status to "Needs Review" automatically after 30 days.

I was thinking of doing it by logging the attribute with a change notification and then referenceing the logs.  Or is there a way to do with with History?

What is the best way to do this in Enterworks?  What is the best way to track how long an attribute has been set to a certian value?

------------------------------
    Joseph McHugh
    MDM Solution Engineer
    Volvo IT North America
    NC

• 2.  RE: Change attribute value after 30 days

Employee
    Posted 03-09-2024 20:40

The simplest way to do this would be to have a TIMESTAMP attribute to accompany each attribute for which you need to independently track how long a specific setting has been present.  Then define a Scheduled Export that runs once a day that performs a SQL query to find all rows for which the Product Status attribute is set to New and the TIMESTAMP attribute was last set 30 days ago.  The export file will contain the updates necessary to the same repository for those items that have "expired".  In this case, the export file would contain the primary key and the Product Status attributes (with the latter set to the value 'Needs Review'. The Scheduled Export will then launch a Scheduled Import to load the resulting file into the same repository.  This Scheduled Export/Import combination would be scheduled to run once per day, since the action takes place only once per day.

Then a change notification rule can set the TIMESTAMP attribute to the current day and time any time the value of the Product Status attribute is changed.

Brian Zupke
    Precisely Software Inc.