MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Can't Copy Contents of Message Window

Posted 05-19-2023 05:25

I have written a program in MapBasic which, at the end of it's process runs a series of checks and calculations the results of which it Prints to the Message Window for the users pleasure. The intention was that this information could, if required, be shared by copying and pasting into an email, or Excel, or a report etc. Yet when I highlight the text in the message window and right-click, the Copy option is greyed out. Highlighting the text and pressing Ctrl+C is ineffective too. I really don't want to insist to my users that they use the snipping tool to screengrab the results! 

Can anyone shed some light on why copying the contents of the message window is disabled, or suggest a workaround? I would be most grateful!

Thanks
    Ryan

------------------------------
    Ryan Cook
    ORH LTD

• 2.  RE: Can't Copy Contents of Message Window

Employee
    Posted 05-19-2023 06:03

Hi Ryan
    I have struggled with this too and wondered why I sometimes can and sometimes can't copy the text.
    A few days back I learned, there is a bug, that requires you to have map window as the active window for you to copy text from the Message window.

I hope this helps
    Peter

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 3.  RE: Can't Copy Contents of Message Window

Posted 05-19-2023 06:07

Huh - interesting, thanks for the tip! I was just coming back here to say I got it to work by floating the window then docking it again. Strange behaviour!

Ryan Cook
    ORH LTD