MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Bing Tile Anomaly

Posted 06-09-2022 11:52
    I am having an issue with Bing imagery if I have vector layers open in v2021.1 before opening Bing.  If I have files open, then open Bing Hybrid (or others) and set translucency to say 55% to lighten it up, I get a strange grid displaying in it.  The grid changes with zoom level.  If I add the imagery to a map first, then add vector layers, the problem doesn't occur.  Attached are some screenshots of the grid that shows up vs not showing up by simply adding the imagery to the map before my polylines.  Anyone have any idea what would cause this?  The polyline layer is Native, in this case.

------------------------------
    Jim

• 2.  RE: Bing Tile Anomaly

Posted 06-09-2022 12:03
    This is probably due to some anomalies during reprojection of a Bing layer. You can go to Map > Options > Image Processing and check Reprojection option. Is it set to Always? We recommend to use Optimized or None. To get the same behavior as in previous version of MapInfo, you can set it to None.

Alternatively, you can right-click on a Bing Layer in a Layer control and select "Set Map Projection From Layer" option.

Regards,
    Andrei

Andrei Veselov
    Precisely
    Troy NY

• 3.  RE: Bing Tile Anomaly

Posted 06-09-2022 12:08
    Yes, both of those options work.  Thank you for the help!

Jim

• 4.  RE: Bing Tile Anomaly

Posted 06-09-2022 12:14
    Actually, if the options are set to Never or Always, the grid doesn't show up.  If it is set to Optimized, that's when it shows up.  Right clicking on the layer and setting map projection from layer cleans it up.

Jim