Automate

View Only
  • 1.  BAPI runer

Posted 01-24-2023 07:54
    hi , 
    I'm wondering if is possible to execute BAPI based script if I have licence only for transaction(developer). I downloaded from forum script (How to delete MM02 Alternate Unit of Measure using BAPI?) and even log is showing successful run, noting happened in SAP.
    thanks for clarification.
    Rado

------------------------------
    Radoslav Magal | baa
    PPG Industries International, Inc. – Hong Kong Branch | +421902977855

• 2.  RE: BAPI runer

Posted 01-25-2023 08:46
    Hi Radoslav,

With a BAPI script, the "commit required" box needs to be checked on the "Workspace" tab. I would check that first. If that is checked, then it may be that the script is set up to include a "test" option in which case there may be an X on the template that needs to be removed. I have included screenshots for both options. Both are on the "workspace" tab. 

Vanessa Kutasi | Application Analyst II
    IDEXX | New England WUG Leader

• 3.  RE: BAPI runer

Posted 01-30-2023 02:27
    Hi Vanessa,
    thanks for your comment, unfortunately commit required box is empty and I cannot mark it.
    Rado

Radoslav Magal | baa
    PPG Industries International, Inc. – Hong Kong Branch | +421902977855

• 4.  RE: BAPI runer

Posted 01-30-2023 08:08
    Ah, you will need a developer to check that box for you. Otherwise the data will never commit to SAP.

Vanessa Kutasi | Application Analyst II
    IDEXX | New England WUG Leader

• 5.  RE: BAPI runer

Employee
    Posted 03-21-2023 17:42

@Radoslav Magal Were you able to resolve this? You will need a full studio developer license to edit a BAPI based script in the Direct Module. 

The Direct scripts eventually are TXR filetype, so you were able to run it with a transaction license. 

If you want to upgrade to full studio, please contact your account executive to get pricing. Full studio gives you access to transaction, query and direct modules.

Jayasri Varyani
    Winshuttle North America

• 6.  RE: BAPI runer

Posted 03-22-2023 03:13

hi Jayasri, thanks for offer, I did it with transactional script(delete all and recreate only those I needed). Thanks @Vanessa Kutasi for explanation.

Rado.

Radoslav Magal
    PPG Industries International, Inc. – Hong Kong Branch