Assure QuickEDD Product Announcements

View Only

Assure QuickEDD 24.2.27 Release Notification

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Assure QuickEDD 24.2.27 Release Notification

Posted 02-28-2024 23:43
    Edited by Product Communications 02-28-2024 23:43
    No replies, thread closed.

Release date: February 27, 2024

Assure QuickEDD 24.2.27

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Announcement

Precisely announces the release of Assure QuickEDD V24.2.27. This release provides either a new install or an upgrade from previous versions of Assure QuickEDD.

Precisely encourages customers to stay current by upgrading to the latest release for Assure QuickEDD. Details of this release can be found in the associated Release Notes document.

How to Download and Activate the Software

To access the software and license tools, you must have a Precisely (Customer or Partner) Community account established and have license entitlement.

Assure QuickEDD Software Download

Assure QuickEDD Documentation

Use Assure QuickEDD Installer to install the software. Once installed, use the command PMSYSCOD to apply license keys. Additional Install documentation is available on the Assure QuickEDD support page. 

Summary of Feature Additions or Changes

• To improve on-going support and enable future enhancements for Assure QuickEDD, Precisely is in the process of modernizing the base code. This release includes the code modernization for replication and apply processes.
    • Starting with version 24.2.27, Assure QuickEDD now supports License manager for license keys.   

o   License Manager provides a common set of functions for several Precisely products that run on IBM i systems and may already be on your system.  License Manager will allow for product activation consistent with other IBM i HA products - enabling usage alerts, software activation at both the system level and LPAR level, and Live Partition Mobility support.  Also, with License Manager based activation, LPARs with Virtual Serial number can be activated with license keys that are specific the Physical Serial number.

o   Precisely will begin to transition from the old style QSL type license key format, to the License Manager based license key format. During this transition, keys for both formats will activate the software.

• *SQLXSR objects are now managed by Assure QuickEDD
    •  Improvements to message history purging
    •   Assure Quick Installer now supports SFTP for IBM i installation.
    • This release includes 4 fixes.

Basic Information

Products:

•  Assure QuickEDD

Description:

• Service Pack V24.2.27

IBM i OS Levels supported: 

• 7.3, 7.4, 7.5

Supported OS for Graphical User Interface Server: 

•  Any Windows or Linux version supporting Java 11
    • Any IBM i operating system supporting Java 11

Supported OS for the graphical Quick-Installer:

•     Any Windows or Linux version supporting Java 11+

Dependencies:

Contact Information

www.precisely.com/support

Precisely Help Center Documentation

Assure QuickEDD Product AnnouncementsJoin to receive product announcements.

Assure QuickEDD Product Enhancement IdeasReview, comment, and vote on existing enhancement requests, and create new ones.

Any questions relating to this announcement should be directed to Dan Simms, Product Management Director, IBM i HA at dan.simms@precisely.com.