MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Area proportion - Population + household

Posted 11 days ago

Subject: Help Needed with Area Proportion Analysis in MapInfo

Hello everyone,

I'm currently facing a problem with MapInfo that I haven't encountered before. I'm working with a set of polygons in one layer, and I'm attempting to enrich this data with population and household information from another file in a different layer.

Here's what I usually do:

1. I make the file editable from which I'm deriving the area proportion and set it as the target.
    2. I select the second layer that contains the population and household data which I want to enrich the first layer with.

After setting everything up, I use the "Erase Outside" tool, select both "Household" and "Population," and tick the "Area Proportion" checkbox. The query executes correctly. However, when I extract the data to a CSV file, I don't retrieve any information from the layer I need to enrich. It appears that the key data for enrichment is missing, although the area proportion calculation itself is performed correctly.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue or can provide guidance on what might be going wrong? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Joachim

------------------------------
    joachim Denaeyer
    Geomarketing Manager
    ORANGE BELGIUM
    Evere

• 2.  RE: Area proportion - Population + household

Employee
    Posted 9 days ago

Hi,

It's not clear to me what data you export.

If you use Erase Outside on a dataset and set this to be updated using Area Population, they values should change.

Have you verified they do?

Now, if you later export this out, you should see the changed values in the exported file too.

Maybe I missed something?

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data