Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Applying Settlement rule in SAP T-Code KO02

Posted 04-27-2023 10:26

I'm having difficultly adding a Final Fixed Asset to an Internal order number within SAP KO02.
    I'm not getting an error message as such but the message returned is "No message is returned from SAP".

Manually entering the Fixed Asset is successful but returns nothing when running through winshuttle script.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Elliot

------------------------------
    Elliot Scarr
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Applying Settlement rule in SAP T-Code KO02

Employee
    Posted 04-27-2023 12:35
    Edited by Sigrid Kok 04-27-2023 12:35

Hi Elliott

Can you please share your script and some details - maybe screen shots of the steps you walk through? 

For example, is it here you're stuck?

Do you have multiple lines or one line to enter?  Will there be lines there already?  Etc.
    OR
    Is it just the message you're stuck on?  If so, can you enable extended logs?  It might provide more info.

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.

• 3.  RE: Applying Settlement rule in SAP T-Code KO02

Posted 04-28-2023 03:29

Hi, thanks for your response.

This is the order that has been used to create the script. Its the 3rd line in which needs to be added (on several hundred separate orders)

This is an extract of the script that is running  - as you can see column F showing the Log. Its not an error, just doesn't do anything.

This being the result. i.e no addition of the 3rd line (the FXA Rule)

All the orders will have two settlement rules on already (for Revenue & Secondary Costs).
    The manual entry of the 3rd line is achievable using KO02.

For reference, this is in S4 HANA. This exact process is possible (and is currently being used with the same script in SAP ECC/WRP)
    Any help is greatly received.
    Thanks
    Elliot

Elliot Scarr

• 4.  RE: Applying Settlement rule in SAP T-Code KO02

Employee
    Posted 05-02-2023 11:34

Hi Elliott,
    Thanks for the additional info.  It would be most helpful to attach the script.  A screen shot doesn't give me enough details on how you're approaching the automation, why it's not adding the line and why it's returning that message.  Please attach it  You don't have to include a template if you are uncomfortable with doing so.
    Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.

• 5.  RE: Applying Settlement rule in SAP T-Code KO02

Posted 05-03-2023 06:19
      |   view attached

Many thanks for responding. Attached is the script that we are trying to run.
    Your assistance is appreciated.
    Elliot Scarr

Elliot Scarr

Attachment(s)

• 6.  RE: Applying Settlement rule in SAP T-Code KO02

Employee
    Posted 05-03-2023 11:27

Hi Elliott

When I run your script with some adjustments because of SAP configuration in my system (only 2 rows possible for me and I don't have the source assignment field, so I disabled it), I see the proper message that the changes are made and in SAP when I check.

(1) Can you run in DEBUG mode to see what is going on - keeping an eye on the bottom of the SAP screen for messages that something may not be running as expected? 

(2) Can you consider checking the Start SAP GUI and try running it again?  By default it did that for me in my S4 system when I created a script yesterday, which is something the Function Module figures out as you record and checks by default when it's needed (most of the time):

(3)  Can you consider using the insert button to add a settlement rule, instead of assuming row 3 is available for entries?  Please see screen shot.
    In that way, if you already have 1 row or 2, you can insert it and it will be added to the end.  You'll see a screen similar to this (SAP configuration will drive what fields you see based on the IO type)
    then click back once it's filed out.  With this method, it will figure out the account assignment category for you, based on what you fill in, like an asset or cost center, etc.

(4) Also, did you try to enable extended logs?  It will show all messages and warnings, which may give you a hint on what is happening in your script. 

Lastly, I'm attaching a simple script I created using this method.  Again, our systems are configured differently and I don't have the source assignment field, and you may not need to handle warning messages like I did at the end after the save, like this:
    If so, you can deactivate the last 2 entries (lines 24-27), where I handle the pop-ups if they happen and skip if they don't.

Hope these suggestions help.

Best Regards, 
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.

Attachment(s)

• 7.  RE: Applying Settlement rule in SAP T-Code KO02

Posted 05-05-2023 08:24

Hi Sigrid

Unfortunately we have tried the above but we get the same result.
    Having looked at this more, is there a potential that its failing right at the start? When winshuttle tries going into T-Code KO02? We cant see any errors in the report/log but are you aware of any step where you can confirm entry into the transaction itself?

Thanks
    Elliot

Elliot Scarr

• 8.  RE: Applying Settlement rule in SAP T-Code KO02

Employee
    Posted 05-05-2023 09:45

Hi Elliott

What happens when you run in Debug mode?  Anything?  What are you seeing? 

If nothing, are you trying to run the ECC script on S4?  That may or may not work, depending on your system differences.  Have you tried clicking Synchronize on the Map tab?   If you have an it's still doing nothing when you click run, it's a fairly easy script to recreate in S4.

This might be better answered with a support ticket where someone can walk through it with you,  since I've given you most of my tips and an example.   I hope they can help you with a resolution.

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.