Precisely Enterworks

View Only
  • 1.  Allow users to manually set UI display timezone

Posted 03-13-2024 17:56

The release notes for version 11 have the following feature:

• The timezone of the user's browser is now displayed in the record history's Date and Entry Date column headers.

This is certainly a good feature that will help reduce confusion. However, when users are trying to cross-reference system log files with time information displayed in the system UI (record modification dates, job execution dates, etc.), we still have to do a manual conversion to compare them. It would be useful to allow users to manually set the timezone that dates are displayed in, or at least allow users to set the dates to the system time. That would make troubleshooting significantly easier.

------------------------------
    Eli Zupke
    Pivotree

• 2.  RE: Allow users to manually set UI display timezone

Employee
    Posted 03-14-2024 02:05

Eli,

I think this is a good idea - are you thinking of having a setting as part of a user's profile where they can select which timezone they want presented in the UI?  Then if they intend to troubleshoot, they might set that timezone to match the one under which the application's VMs are set to, so the displayed times match the ones in log files?  The proper venue for this is the Precisely Ideas website (https://ideas.precisely.com).  I checked and someone already posted a related idea so I added a comment proposing the same capability I have suggested here.  Please upvote that idea and add any necessary comments.

Brian Zupke
    Precisely Software Inc.