Automate

View Only
  • 1.  AFKO Extract table by date vs order number

Posted 03-19-2023 13:28

When extracting the AFKO table data as is extract pulls by oldest order number. Is there a way to extract by oldest date and not by lowest order number?

When extracting using COOIS the report comes out with oldest date vs oldest order.

------------------------------
    Benjamin Kielas
    Generac Power Systems, Inc.
    WAUKESHA WI

• 2.  RE: AFKO Extract table by date vs order number

Posted 03-20-2023 03:59

Assuming you're using Query to extract. There are very limited options on sorting, filtering and joins that Winshuttle provide, so it will always be extracted sorted by primary key. You may use PowerQuery in Excel to transform data as you need once extracted.

Alexey Skotnikov
    Abbott Rapid Diagnostics AS

• 3.  RE: AFKO Extract table by date vs order number

Posted 04-28-2023 13:11

Alexey,
    Could you go more into detail on how you use Power Query with Winshuttle? When I try build in Power Query into my working excel file I get an error message saying the file is in read only mode and will not allow me to run Winshuttle. I have also tried building a power query in its own excel work book and bring back the data from that workbook and get the same issue. Any quick feedback would be helpful to try to complete my past due deadline.

Benjamin Kielas
    WAUKESHA WI

• 4.  RE: AFKO Extract table by date vs order number

Employee
    Posted 03-20-2023 10:23

Hi Ben,

In the mapper there is a sort column you can use for the date field. I was able to sort the date in ascending order to get the oldest ones first. Please note with the sort setting you need to limit the number of records extracted to 225k. You'll see a message popup for this when you click run if the number of records is above 225k. 

Without sorting:

With sorting:

Thanks,

Maria Ebner
    Precisely Software Inc.
    NJ

• 5.  RE: AFKO Extract table by date vs order number

Posted 04-28-2023 13:13

Thank you  Maria always nice to hear from you.
    This is a nice tool to have. I am looking up a list of orders from another tab of data. When doing that it will not sort by A to Z as I need it. 

<quillbot-extension-portal></quillbot-extension-portal>

Benjamin Kielas
    WAUKESHA WI