MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Adjust legend spacing

Posted 11-15-2022 01:50
    I have an issue trying to adjust the spacing between each entry within a thematic legend. That is, there is too much white space between each legend entry, making the legend too tall and using up too much space within a layout page. I want to 'collapse' the entries so that there is little or no additional space between each legend entry.

In this instance the thematic is being applied to point objects. Each point style is set as a MapInfo Cartographic symbol with a font size of 6pt.

I believe the spacing in the legend is controlled by the font size of the symbol and the entry text, and can also be adjusted using the region sample height entry in the legend frame properties window.

However, in this case I am unable to reduce the region height entry below 8 points. If I try, a red line appears around the entry box and the 'OK' button becomes greyed out.

I have even tried to over-ride the settings by editing the .wor file directly, but still wasn't able to resolve the issue.

Any help would be fabulous!

------------------------------
    Matthew Lee
    Deep End Services
    South Yarra VIC

• 2.  RE: Adjust legend spacing

Employee
    Posted 11-15-2022 07:59
    Edited by Peter Møller 11-15-2022 08:00
    Hi Matthew

I tried reproducing your issue with a cartographic as well as a thematic legend in MapInfo Pro v2021.
    I'm also using symbols at a size of 6pnts. It's the MapInfo Symbols but not sure if that matter.

It does seem that my symbols are closer together in both legends.
    The height only controls the height of the region samples, not the symbol.
    For the symbols, the height is controlled by the symbol size and the font size.

My text size is set to 8 points and the font is called Arial. Changing that to 10 points doesn't add that extra spacing that you see.

Would you be able to create and share a small workspace with just your table and the theme and legends?
    If you prefer  not to share it publicly you can reach out to our support team

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 3.  RE: Adjust legend spacing

Posted 11-16-2022 20:01
    Thanks for your reply Peter, it's very frustrating. I wonder whether future versions are planned to introduce greater control over aspects like spacing.

For this matter we have opened a ticket with your support team.

Regards

Matt

Matthew Lee
    Deep End Services
    South Yarra VIC