Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Adding Field to existing script

Posted 12-14-2022 13:45

Hello,
    I have a script that creates BP's.  I am trying to add a new field to the script, once I get the new field(s) added, I go to save so that I can run a test and I am getting the "Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown" message every time.  

I have tried to troubleshoot that error and everything I am finding is related to a query script, this is a transaction script that we are running in Studio 12.1. 
    Has anyone else had this happen to them?  I do not want to scrap this script as it's very involved.  

Thank you,

Lauren Moran

------------------------------
    Lauren Moran | Data Governance Manager
    Baillie Lumber Co. | 71677029301109

• 2.  RE: Adding Field to existing script

Posted 01-04-2023 16:35

Hello Lauren,

Sorry I am not sure, but I believe I have only seen the "Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown" when I had a very large template file that had many formulas and I was switching to different scripts and then it seemed like the Studio App ran out of memory.  I usually was able to close Studio and re-open the script and it was fine.  

It sounds like you are testing, so the script/template files are local on your PC.  Perhaps it is your PC memory causing the issue.  I hate to suggest this, but maybe you want to try to submit the script for Production use, so that you can test it through Excel versus the Studio App? 

Sorry I am not much help here.

Scott Gorski
    General Mills | Process Automation COE

• 3.  RE: Adding Field to existing script

Posted 01-18-2023 10:54

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the feedback.  I was able to create a new copy of the script and make the changes. It took several times, but I was able to get it done.  

Thanks,

Lauren

Lauren Moran | Data Governance Manager
    Baillie Lumber Co. | 71677029301109