Spectrum Technology Platform

View Only
  • 1.  503 Service Unavailable when starting spectrum server

Posted 01-26-2023 11:59

Hello community,

I have installed the Spectrum software, but when I try to start the server I get this message:

> /opt/software/Spectrum/server/bin < ./server.start console
    Running Precisely Spectrum Technology Platform...--> Wrapper Started as ConsoleJava Service Wrapper Standard Edition 64-bit 3.5.45Copyright (C) 1999-2021 Tanuki Software, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.comLicensed to PBBI for Spectrum ServerLaunching a JVM...openjdk version "11.0.17" 2022-10-18 LTSOpenJDK Runtime Environment (Red_Hat-11.0.17.0.8-2.el8_6) (build 11.0.17+8-LTS)OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (Red_Hat-11.0.17.0.8-2.el8_6) (build 11.0.17+8-LTS, mixed mode, sharing)WrapperManager: Initializing...INFO [Server] =============================================================INFO [Server] Precisely Spectrum Technology Platform (Version 22.1 119)INFO [Server] =============================================================INFO [Server] Java: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (Red Hat, Inc.) Build: 11.0.17_11.0.17+8-LTS, mixed mode, sharingINFO [Server] Server folder: /opt/software/Spectrum/serverINFO [Server] Creating application context: PlatformContainerWARN [SlowOperationDetector] [10.201.234.218]:5701 [SpectrumCluster] [3.12.11] The SlowOperationDetector is disabled! Slow operations will not be reported.WARN [Node] [10.201.234.218]:5701 [SpectrumCluster] [3.12.11] No join method is enabled! Starting standalone.INFO [HazelcastClientFactoryBean] Creating hazelcast client: SpectrumClusterINFO [IpAddressFactoryBean] IP Address: 10.201.234.218INFO [Neo4jExternalBean] Connecting to local running Repository instanceINFO [ElasticsearchExternalBean] Connecting to running Index instanceINFO [ClusterInfo] Cluster (Enabled=false)INFO [ApplicationContextRegistry] StartedINFO [DeploymentRegistry] Registered [default] from /opt/software/Spectrum/serverINFO [BrokerManagerImpl] Broker startedINFO [QueueEndpoint] Starting endpoint: cluster-lifecycleINFO [QueueEndpoint] Starting endpoint: configurationINFO [QueueEndpoint] Starting endpoint: transactionINFO [QueueEndpoint] Starting endpoint: runtimeINFO [Server] Creating application context: PlatformCommonERROR [Main] Failed to start bean 'enterpriseServer'; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'auditDBAccess' defined in URL [jar:file:/opt/software/Spectrum/server/lib/spectrum-server-common-audit-persist-elasticsearch-22.1.jar!/spring/spectrum-common-audit-persist-elasticsearch.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is com.pb.spectrum.platform.server.common.persistence.index.elasticsearch.ClientResponseException: method [HEAD], host [http://127.0.0.1:9200], URI [/platform_audit_log?include_type_name=false], status line [HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable]org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Failed to start bean 'enterpriseServer'; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'auditDBAccess' defined in URL [jar:file:/opt/software/Spectrum/server/lib/spectrum-server-common-audit-persist-elasticsearch-22.1.jar!/spring/spectrum-common-audit-persist-elasticsearch.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is com.pb.spectrum.platform.server.common.persistence.index.elasticsearch.ClientResponseException: method [HEAD], host [http://127.0.0.1:9200], URI [/platform_audit_log?include_type_name=false], status line [HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable]at org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor.doStart(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:185)at org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor.access$200(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:53)at org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor$LifecycleGroup.start(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:360)at org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor.startBeans(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:158)

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Stephen Hart
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: 503 Service Unavailable when starting spectrum server

Posted 01-27-2023 02:59
    Is it possible you already had some software that is using elasticsearch as well? I noticed that this situation causes problems.

Adrie vlutters
    Dialog Solutions Nederland BV
    Bunnik

• 3.  RE: 503 Service Unavailable when starting spectrum server

Posted 01-27-2023 09:54
    Hi Adrie,

Thanks for your response, and apologies for the formatting of my original message. which I just noticed is pretty bad.

I think you might be right! I had previously started elasticsearch by running it directly from the command line, due to a previous error that I was trying to fix by experimentation (from frustration of getting nowhere).
          So I can now see in the server log that the "503 Service Unavailable" message coincides with having the elastic search already running, so hopefully I am getting beyond that error now: I have a new error now, for which I will start a new thread if I cannot fix it after a while.

Thanks again!

Steve

Stephen Hart

• 4.  RE: 503 Service Unavailable when starting spectrum server

Posted 01-30-2023 18:07
    Hi Stephen, 

I came across a similiar issue the other day when upgrading to spectrum v2022.1. Spectrum wouldn't start after upgrade and the spectrum-server.log file was giving the auditDBA access issue. The reason for the issue turned out to be that I had some java processes running in the windows server task manager upon upgrade. I ended those java processes manually along with the spectrum platform process. Once I restarted the spectrum windows service manually again the spectrum virtual machine started up without issue. 

Regards. Matt

Matt Smith
    The Spatial Distillery
    Sydney NSW

• 5.  RE: 503 Service Unavailable when starting spectrum server

Posted 01-30-2023 18:29
    Hi Matt,

Yep, I had to also kill some java processes. I have got the "Spectrum Technology Platform Server" up and running now. I think I caused a couple of problems during aborted attempts and trying things at random, out of frustration.

Thanks for your input.

Steve

Stephen Hart