Automate

View Only
  • 1.  VA02 Header Text

Posted 10-19-2021 16:36
    Is there a way for Winshuttle to add text to the Header with existing data already there?  I have tried standard, batch, & gui scripting but the data will not populate.

------------------------------
    Tracy Payrot | SAP Security Lead
    UTC Carrier Corporation ( UTC Climate, Controls & Security) | 315-432-3795

• 2.  RE: VA02 Header Text

Employee
    Posted 10-19-2021 19:49
    Hi Tracy

there are two ways to work with long text:
    1. download what's there and change/apped and replace
    2. append to what's there
    the doc on long text
    https://docs.winshuttle.com/studio-en-12-1-x-online-help-studio-w-connect/12/Record-long-text.htm
    For #1, you would use the built in functionality in VA02 to download and upload (see add long text feature)
    For #2, you would record it, page to the bottom and insert line buttons in the line editor (see Batch Input mode and Non-Batch Input mode)

then enter data on last row and hit enter

it will be added to the end of your text.
    You can put a loop around it if you need more than one line.

For me, I'd choose option 1, but that's just a preference.  Either will work.

Best Regards,
    Sigrid
    ​​

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 3.  RE: VA02 Header Text

Posted 03-01-2023 17:52

Hello Sigrid,

When using option (1) to read existing text data for internal order or any other text type, Text is downloaded as wrapped and ignoring the way text is currently entered on VA02...i.e. if there are multiple lines entered in the text, Script downloads it all in a single string ignoring spaces, line seperation etc... Is this standard behavior of "Add Long Text" feature when trying to read/download the text?

When I try updating the text from Excel into SAP, it recognizes the carriage returns, spaces etc...and updates properly but I am having issue while reading it.

Thanks

Ocal

Ocal Yilmaz
    Echostar Corporation
    Englewood CO

• 4.  RE: VA02 Header Text

Employee
    Posted 03-09-2023 09:56

Hi Ocal ,

Quite some time ago there were issues with carriage returns but there were patches for that.  I believe that's part of the standard FM now.  If that's not the case for you guys, I'd suggest opening a support ticket.

Best Regards,

Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.

• 5.  RE: VA02 Header Text

Posted 10-20-2021 12:28
    Hi Tracy,
    I've also used a GUI script method where I Upload the new text from a .txt file stored locally. If your text is the same you only need a single .txt file to target.

You can set it up to delete all existing text first and then perform the upload function.

If your text varies a lot and you would need a separate text file for each entry it might be easier to use one of Sigrid's techniques.

Derek

Derek Sayres | SAP PLM Business Analyst