Spectrum Technology Platform

View Only
  • 1.  Adding WFS data

Posted 11-27-2019 17:27
    Hi guys,

I want to use Spectrum Enterprise Designer to create a service that brings back property planning zone based on an inputed x y Coord. 

The Questions are:-

1.  How do I add a WFS external feed to my dataflow as the polygon data source to query from?
    2. Can I reproject this WFS feed as it comes through my dataflow?

Thanks in advance

Tim

------------------------------
    Tim Warfe
    GIS Officer
    MOORABOOL SHIRE COUNCIL

• 2.  RE: Adding WFS data

Posted 12-04-2019 14:15
    If I follow you correctly, you want to use data from an external WFS (not Spectrum Spatial's) as part of your spatial analysis in a dataflow.   Spectrum Spatial is not a WFS client so there is no capability for it to read the external WFS.  You would have to use some client (like MapInfo Pro or others) that would read and save the data into a datasource that Spectrum Spatial can process. These include MapInfo TAB, SHP, GeoPackage, Oracle Spatial, SQL Server and PostGIS. 
    While Spectrum can point to an external web service, there would be nothing that would understand either the query structure or the sometimes complicated GML response from a WFS server.  ​
    Spectrum Spatial does have a generic data provider interface. This requires Java programming but allows pretty much access to anything you want. Just mentioning this for completeness.

Eric Blasenheim
    Spectrum Spatial Technical Product Manager
    Troy, NY

• 3.  RE: Adding WFS data

Posted 05-24-2021 01:49
    Hi,

Just wondering if this has changed in newer versions of SSA? I would like to connect to services like 

"https://data.gov.au/geoserver/native-title-determinations-national-native-title-register/wfs"

Would I still need to create a tab from this for SSA to utilize it or can we add a WFS feed like we add WMS feeds?

George Corea
    Mangoesmapping
    MOOMIN QLD