EngageOne™

View Only
  • 1.  Standalone DOC1 Designer Installation: .hip Publishing not Working

Posted 11-30-2020 15:15
    ​Good afternoon fellow Community Members,

I am running into an issue, where my 6.0.2575 DOC1 Designer installation won't allow me to publish a .hip file any longer.

The publishing process starts, but at around step 3, it just keeps running and running and running, not completing the publishing process.

Did any of you ever run into that?

I should note, that there was a Windows 10 update installed recently.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

------------------------------
    Daniel Friedrich
    United Health Care
    Duncan SC

• 2.  RE: Standalone DOC1 Designer Installation: .hip Publishing not Working

Employee
    Posted 12-03-2020 17:31

Hi Daniel.

Please be aware of the following :

End of support for all 6.x versions prior to 6.6.x

All DOC1 Designer 6.0.x and all EngageOne Designer 6.x versions prior to the current 6.6.x supported versions ended support on 31st December 2019.

Windows 10 supported versions
    No Designer version prior to 6.6.x is certified for use on any Windows 10 version.

Known Designer issues on Windows 10 to look for
    Windows Defender / Anti virus changes
    If the Windows Defender or Corporate anti-virus has recently been updated this may be blocking some or all of the Windows filetypes in the Designer localcache , so it is worth checking the contents of this directory as defined in Designer "Tools / Designer Preferences" to see if it is being populated. 

It may be worth whitelisting this directory in your Windows Defender / Corporate anti-virus to see if this resolves your issue.

Windows 10 Font directory changes
    Versions of Windows 10 prior to 1909 , such as 1803 and 1809 , installed fonts in a Windows user specific directory, instead of the Designer supported Windows %Windir%\fonts directory, causing Designer publish to fail.

In affected Windows 10 versions , use the "Install font for all users" Windows option, instead of the Default "Install font" 

It is worth checking your Windows 10 Version reported using the "WinVer" command to see if your Windows 10 version matches this known issue.

Diagnostic tips
    Check :
    - The Designer event log i.e the small book icon at the bottom right of the Designer Client, and

- Windows Application event log 

..for any reported font or file opening aborts.

If the issue persists, please consider upgrading to the current Designer 6.6.10 Windows 10 certified version.

Hope that helps.

Paul Barron
    Principal QA
    EngageOne Compose (Designer / Generate)