Other Software and Data

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Bypass dialog rules for Automation Testing

• 1.  Bypass dialog rules for Automation Testing

Posted 05-02-2019 07:27
    Dear All,

I am automation engineer trying to automate messages generated for my customers when they try to create a quote or policy for my application.

When they generate quote from the public website, the quote enters into visual dialogue​s. In dialogues we have rules defined such as send message after an hour.

My automation script cant wait for one hour to check messages. I can clone dialogues but its not efficient solution.

Is there any way I can bypass time restrictions and messages are delivered immediately OR any sql query where I can directly access messages while they are queued.

Second Question :

Right now I use customer view web application for accessing messages which is opening the customer view in browser and verify messages.

Are there any API's available to access messages bypassing customer view.

Thanks in advance for replying to me.

Regards,

Amarjeet

------------------------------
    AmarjeetY

• 2.  RE: Bypass dialog rules for Automation Testing

Posted 05-02-2019 09:43
    ​I am using below software

Amarjeet
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 3.  RE: Bypass dialog rules for Automation Testing

Posted 05-02-2019 10:14
    Amarjeet, 

My first question is: "Who is the customer?"
    My first comment is: "Why don't they upgrade to the latest version?" The current version is 6.2.

Anyway, to address your question, the best way to accomplish this is to have the generated quote from this web site generate an Event in Dialogue.
    Then in Dialogue, have the Operation execute on that Event.  In this way, the message will be processed immediately.  
    A better solution, to avoid timing issues with the current process, you could add a new operation, executing exclusively with this Event.

There is an API, MHDialogServerAPI which is up and running with every Dialogue installation.
    All of the API functionality is documented in the en_pd_reference_guide.pdf file, which is part of the documentation that comes with the product.
    What you can or cannot do using the API, I will leave it up to you to do that research.

Eric

Eric Ahdel
    Pitney Bowes Software Ltd
    HENLEY-ON-THAMES

• 4.  RE: Bypass dialog rules for Automation Testing

Posted 05-02-2019 10:18
    ​Hi Eric,

Thanks for quick response. Is it possible to Execute this event through automated process ?

I am going to have a look at API guide and see if there is any for accomplishing above.

I will come back to if I fail to find any.

Regards,

Amarjeet

Amarjeet

• 5.  RE: Bypass dialog rules for Automation Testing

Posted 05-02-2019 10:45
    Amarjeet,

Just for clarity, using the event and using the API are for accomplishing 2 different things.  

Using events, you'll first have to set up the event in Dialogue, then set the Operation to execute on the event.  
    Whenever the event happens, the operation triggers, if not immediately, then within seconds.  

As far as the API goes, there is a lot you can do with it, but as I said, that is up to you.
    Our Professional Services people can assist you with custom coding like that.

Eric

Eric Ahdel
    HENLEY-ON-THAMES

• 6.  RE: Bypass dialog rules for Automation Testing

Posted 05-03-2019 07:42
    Hi Eric,

Can you please point me to them / forum.

I want to move ​my quote / policy from one group to another through API. Rightnow we do it manually by selecting the policy - right click - move to group.

It will be great if there is any API / Any other method available to move policy through various groups.

Regards,

Amarjeet

Amarjeet

• 7.  RE: Bypass dialog rules for Automation Testing

Posted 05-08-2019 11:47
    ​Hi Eric,

Documentation of visual dialogue says following :

"Events can be posted through the dialogue server OR as an alternately direct into the dialogue database by calling stored procedure"

Can you please let me know name of this stored procedure.

Regards,

Amarjeet

Amarjeet

• 8.  RE: Bypass dialog rules for Automation Testing

Posted 05-13-2019 10:45
    ​Hi Eric,

I am facing typical problem with Dialog Server API. I am successful in firing an event to dialog server for a specified customer. This customer has been assigned a quote which travels through various groups and reaches to its final destination.

I can see it in System_Event table as well. But when in dialog I specify that a quote should pass through a group after firing this event it does not pass through this group.

I went through documentation but did not found anything specific related to sequence of firing events.

Can you please help me resolve this problem.

Regards,

Amarjeet

Amarjeet
    Shelton CT

• 9.  RE: Bypass dialog rules for Automation Testing

Posted 05-14-2019 07:06
    Edited by Eric Ahdel 05-14-2019 07:07
    Amarjeet, 

The operation has to be configured to execute on the event.  
    "Event Triggered"  is one of the Execution Options in the Operation Properties.
    All you have to do is select the trigger you created for this.

If you need more help with this, then you really should get some training.
    Professional Services can engage with you to help sort you out with your Dialogue issues.

Eric

Eric Ahdel
    HENLEY-ON-THAMES

• 10.  RE: Bypass dialog rules for Automation Testing

Posted 05-14-2019 07:09

​Hi Eric,

I have already done that. Is there any documentation on when to fire event / how events are processed.

As per documentation I am right by creating event entry in System_Event table. I am interested how dialog server picks that event.

Regards,

Amarjeet

Amarjeet
    Shelton CT

• 11.  RE: Bypass dialog rules for Automation Testing

Posted 05-14-2019 11:56
    Amarjeet, 

If your Event Type is properly configured, any operation which is set to execute on this event will execute in the Participant ID that is included in the event.  

I'm sorry, but in this forum, I cannot continue this.  
    If you need help getting this to work, you need to contact Professional Services.  
    We can help facilitate that if you open a case with support.

Eric Ahdel
    HENLEY-ON-THAMES