Precisely Enterworks

View Only
  • 1.  Broken image links

Posted 11-29-2021 14:42

Hello Enterworks Community,

Is there a way to query the images in DAM Master that are broken. We have identified that if the supplier sends a website link or .zip as an image it downloads as a broken image & gets sent to our website. We are working on a fix to avoid downloading those assets but are unable to figure out how to clean the bad data. 

Thanks,

Sonia

------------------------------
    Sonia Singh | Product Owner
    Dot Foods | 8326228639

• 2.  RE: Broken image links

Posted 11-29-2021 18:11
    Hi Sonia,

I'd be interested in speaking with you about what you're running into but it looks like I may need a little more info. Please feel free to contact me at jvaro@fender.com.

Best,
    -Jon

Jon Varo | Manager, Product Information Management
    Fender Musical Instruments Corporation | 480-845-5823

• 3.  RE: Broken image links

Employee
    Posted 12-01-2021 12:20
    Sonia,

If you open the DAMMaster repository and select some or all record, then select the Image Report option from the triple-dot menu in the new UI or the Reports -> Image Report in the Classic UI, a job will be launched that will generate a report identifying missing variants, images, and even DAMMaster records for existing images.

-Brian

Brian Zupke | Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Winshuttle North America | 909-900-9179

• 4.  RE: Broken image links

Posted 12-01-2021 12:59
    Hi Brian,

Image Report is helpful but extremely slow to run. The 20 images that I ran the report for the other night, when you and I were working on another issue... that ran for 3 and a half hours and ended in an error.

Unfortunately, it's not very practical to use if you need to run the report for 50-100 images. Are there alternatives?

Best,
    -Jon

• 5.  RE: Broken image links

Employee
    Posted 01-21-2022 04:36
    Jon,

If you have not already done so, I suggest you open a Zendesk ticket, reporting the performance concerns with the current report.

If there was a quick way to present a list of all files including variants for images into a CSV file, then this file could be loaded into a repository which could then be "compared" to DAMMaster for discrepancies by way of a (probably) complex SQL query in a Scheduled Export.  Such a process would only address the reporting aspect of the current utility.   The longest pole in the tent for such a process would probably be the importing of the file details file into the repository.  For your environment, how many actual files (originals plus variants) do you think you have?  A ballpark number is fine.

-Brian

• 6.  RE: Broken image links

Posted 02-14-2022 12:14
    I'm wondering if a Change Notification or validation rule in DAMLink can create an error on Sonia's record so that it doesn't move to Production and inadvertently update their web site.

• 7.  RE: Broken image links

Employee
    Posted 02-25-2022 03:09
    John,

A callout validation rule could be implemented that accesses the file system (or the Azure Blob/Amazon S3 API) to verify the requisite variants exist.  This would require some Java coding and then deploying the resulting JAR file.  Such a capability would be a good product enhancement if one didn't want to implement the necessary processing.  The downside for such a rule would be the increase to processing time to validate each record. 

Better performance would be obtained by setting up a background process that captured the list of requisite variant files, compared them to the define assets and sets/clears a "Variants Good" or "Missing Variants" attribute that is then referenced in a Bulk Callout on the repository to which the assets are linked.  Such a process could be set up to run nightly or on-demand and would not greatly impact the performance of validating the records in the Staging repository.

-Brian

-Brian