Precisely Enterworks

View Only
  • 1.  Maintenance Notification Options in Enterworks Enable

Posted 08-09-2021 15:38

Is there an option out-of-the-box to add a banner in the Enable UI for posting notices to inform Enterworks Enable users/consumers of upcoming maintenance schedules or other short communications?  If not, I am interested to learn what options others have tried to accomplish user-wide notifications within Enterworks.

Regards,

------------------------------
    Jodi Buck
    Thomson Reuters | 763-326-5675

• 2.  RE: Maintenance Notification Options in Enterworks Enable

Employee
    Posted 08-16-2021 01:35
    Jodi,

There is no product capability as of yet to post user-wide notifications within EnterWorks (that would appear when the user logged in).  If that is something you'd like so see, I suggest you open a Zendesk support ticket requesting an improvement to the product.

There is an out-of-the-box solution that may meet your needs and actually would give you greater flexibility in targeting specific messages to specific groups:

You can set up a "messages" repository that would contain the content of the messages, date of issuance, optionally target group, and any other information you would like to include, such as contact information.  This repository would be displayed on each desired dashboard using the Repository View widget.  You can use a saved search to filter the messages for the specific group (or other criteria) and the User Preference to display only the desired attributes and sort the records in the desired order (such as reverse-chronological so the latest message appears first).  This widget would be the first thing the user sees when they login.  An advantage of using the repository and widget is that the user will see new messages without having to log out and log back in. 

If this is combined with workflow, you could even set up the messages so that the user can "acknowledge" a message, which causes it to disappear from their dashboard widget, but this would require "sending" the message to each user vs. tagging messages for a specific group.

-Brian

Brian Zupke | Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Winshuttle North America | 9099009179

• 3.  RE: Maintenance Notification Options in Enterworks Enable

Posted 08-17-2021 18:24
    Thank you, Brian.

This is definitely helpful. 

I especially appreciate the "messages" repository widget suggestion.  We are often looking for ways to present messages to a user when they are ready for it and actually in the tool, rather than getting lost in a user's inbox or forgotten about by the time they actually need to know it.  In addition, it will remain current with application users and groups, eliminating separate maintenance of distribution lists and reduce confusion across environments.

I am excited to try it out!

Regards,
    Jodi

Jodi Buck
    Thomson Reuters | 7633265675