Precisely Enterworks

View Only
  • 1.  SQL View export of specific Cod

Posted 06-03-2021 14:53
    I was planning to populate a repository with some code set data along with some additional information. I can find the code set tables in SQL, but I can't figure out how to get the details from a specific code set, I am only able to retrieve the individual code set details. This probably has more to do in my intro SQL skills and I thought someone else may be doing something similar with code sets and could share their script.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Natalie Scott | Data Governance & Business Process Manager
    Gourmet Foods International | 40421 04367

• 2.  RE: SQL View export of specific Cod

Posted 06-04-2021 21:16
    Hi Natalie. There are 2 tables that might be of interest:
    - b_code_set: Which has a list of all the codesets
    - b_code_set_detail: Which has all the codes & descriptions across all codesets.

So look at b_code_set and find the code_set_id corresponding to your codeset of interest. Then get all records from b_code_Set_detail with that ID. 

Is that what you are looking for?

Sidd Shenoy | Sr Dir Enterprise Master Data
    Thomson Reuters Corporation | (646) 540-2371

• 3.  RE: SQL View export of specific Cod

Employee
    Posted 06-07-2021 00:32
    Natalie,

Is the specific information you are looking for properties that have been defined for the code set?  You can find examples of SQL to extract man of the data model elements in the Compare Extract scripts that you can find in the Services Framework deployment folder, which should be somewhere under the <drive>:\EWSoftware folder on your application servers.

Are you looking to move a code set to the repository and use it moving forward instead of the code set?  If so, then you may be able to just export the code set (which should include the properties) and import it into the new repository.

-Brian

Brian Zupke | Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Winshuttle North America | 9099009179

• 4.  RE: SQL View export of specific Cod

Posted 06-07-2021 13:47

Brian:
    I am looking to populate a new repository ongoing as new code sets get added. For end users, the code set makes it easier for the user to select a value, however we want to collect additional date for each code set option. I was able to run SQL to get the code set name, etc, but I couldn't figure out how to run it to get all the values in that specific code set. My plan was to create a view export job and have it run based on added or changed codes. 

Thanks!

Natalie Scott | Data Governance & Business Process Manager
    Gourmet Foods International | 40421 04367

• 5.  RE: SQL View export of specific Cod

Employee
    Posted 07-17-2021 22:02
    Natalie,

You can retrieve all of the codes for a code set with the following SQL:

select * from B_CODE_SET cs
    join B_CODE_SET_DETAIL csd on csd.CODE_SET_ID = cs.CODE_SET_ID
    where cs.NAME = '<codeSetName>'
    order by csd.LAST_UPDATE_DATETIME desc

The above query lists the codes in the order they were added/updated (with the latest showing first).  If you want to take action on new codes, you would need to compare the LAST_UPDATE_DATETIME against some timestamp (e.g., of when you last checked).  However, this won't distinguish between a new code and a modified code.

An alternative approach would be to maintain the code set as a repository, which would allow you to "know" when a specific code was added or just modified.  To use a repository as a code set requires defining the attribute to use the Custom Dynamic Drop-down List control and a Bulk Callout validation rule to ensure the value is one that is found in the repository.  Another advantage of using a repository for the code set is that you can use Change Notification on that code set repository to actually take action the moment a change or addition is made.

-Brian

Brian Zupke | Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Winshuttle North America | 9099009179