Assure DQ

View Only
  • 1.  In Assure Admin Console - database details - how do you see to what Control Entity a listed table name belongs to?

Posted 10-18-2021 05:29

Hi

In Assure Admin Console - database details.

I would like to identify which Control Entity a specific table name belongs to, how do I do that?

there is some high volume tables I would like to go and clear to control data for, like:

tables starting with UP__MTS* and UP_MINST*

I presume these are reconciliation task report tables but don't know which exact detail control entities they belong to, and then also how to clear there data because I have cleared control data on those controls that its likely to belong to but it does not seam to be clearing reconciliation task data?

Kind Regards

Rocco Coetzee 

• 2.  RE: In Assure Admin Console - database details - how do you see to what Control Entity a listed table name belongs to?

Employee
    Posted 10-18-2021 06:00

Hi Rocco,

Within the administrative console there is a page titled "Dynamic Tables". This page allows a user to verify what table(s) a control's report is being saved to. Utilizing "Database Details" to sort by size will allow a user to pick out the largest tables, then filter for those within "Dynamic Tables".

Tables that start with "UP__" ( two underscores ) correlate with reports.

Please note, navigating to a control entity's storage tab directly will allow insight on the control data database tables.

Tables that start with "UP_" ( one underscore ) correlate with control data :

Matthew Kennedy

• 3.  RE: In Assure Admin Console - database details - how do you see to what Control Entity a listed table name belongs to?

Posted 10-19-2021 06:56

Hi Matthew,

Thank you very much on the insights shared.

I've cleared control data on the controls in question but have noticed that all the tables with large volumes of records over 90 million, are in tables "UP__*" for the same controls which haven't cleared data for within the Results>Control Data screen.

How to I clear these UP__ tables? I tried to change data retention period on those controls to 1 day, yesterday but this morning there still seems to be large record counts in these tables.

• 4.  RE: In Assure Admin Console - database details - how do you see to what Control Entity a listed table name belongs to?

Employee
    Posted 10-21-2021 06:44

Hi Rocco,

It sounds like you were able to locate the control tied to the problem-table and updated your retention accordingly. Updating the retention period should take effect next time the scheduled process rolls around. That being said, the only thing that may persist for the report / data is the applied retention class -- "alternate" vs "standard".

At this stage, I recommend opening a support ticket as we would require logs to diagnose further.

Matthew Kennedy