Assure DQ

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Infogix Reports on Server to Database

• 1.  Infogix Reports on Server to Database

Posted 11-23-2020 10:50

Currently, our reports from Infogix Assure are saved to the server. 

1) How would we go about going from saving them to the server, to the oracle database? 

2) Also, is there a way to move the existing reports on the server to the database after we have completed the first question?

• 2.  RE: Infogix Reports on Server to Database

Employee
    Posted 11-23-2020 11:17

Hi Adam,

Where these reports store is configurable within the IA.properties. Per our "Infogix Properties Guide" PDF :

Please note, any report still on the server will not migrate to the database. This will be a change moving forward only. The reports already created will remain on the file system ( or database ), until retention kicks in.

Matthew Kennedy

• 3.  RE: Infogix Reports on Server to Database

Posted 05-17-2021 05:00

Matt,

Currently, this is what is in our IA properties files in dev.

# File Store Configuration
    # FileSystem or Database
    FILESTORE_BACKEND=FileSystem
    ENABLE_FILESTORE_ENCRYPTION=false
    ENABLE_FILESTORE_COMPRESSION=false

I understand I would have to make the two ENABLE lines to true, What would I put where "FileSystem" is located?

Thanks,

Adam

• 4.  RE: Infogix Reports on Server to Database

Employee
    Posted 05-17-2021 05:17

Based on the aim the team is shooting for, this value would be defined as "Database"

Matthew Kennedy

• 5.  RE: Infogix Reports on Server to Database

Posted 05-17-2021 05:38

Also, where would I see on the database side if I wanted to validate that it wrote it to the database?

• 6.  RE: Infogix Reports on Server to Database

Posted 05-17-2021 07:27

Matt,

Once I have the IA properties file changed and applied to the server, where will the report write to on the server?

Adam

• 7.  RE: Infogix Reports on Server to Database

Employee
    Posted 05-17-2021 07:43

Adam,

If the value is set to "FileSystem" it will write to the same directory it currently is pointing to on the OS. If "Database" is set as the value, this will write to the database table for the control. Navigating to Assure's "admin console" > "dynamic tables" will allow better insight on which table corresponds with which report due to the right-side column labeled "purpose".

Matthew Kennedy

• 8.  RE: Infogix Reports on Server to Database

Posted 05-17-2021 07:53

Is there any way to write a SQL command to validate that the report wrote to the database?  If so what would that SQL command look like?

• 9.  RE: Infogix Reports on Server to Database

Posted 05-18-2021 04:23

Matt,

Where are on the database is it writing the reports to?

Adam

• 10.  RE: Infogix Reports on Server to Database

Employee
    Posted 05-18-2021 04:35

Adam,

The table name itself would entirely be dependent on the report type / control name. When possible, please open a support case so we may discuss further. I am happy to walk through this with you over a 'zoom' call.

Matthew Kennedy

• 11.  RE: Infogix Reports on Server to Database

Posted 05-18-2021 05:16

Matt,

Two more question:

So the file storage configuration properties is for just "control reports", correct? 

So are the "user report" being written to the database already and not to the server?

Adam

• 12.  RE: Infogix Reports on Server to Database

Employee
    Posted 05-18-2021 06:02

Adam,

User reports are always stored within the database, using a dynamic table per user report. The "FILESTORE_BACKEND" value mentioned above has no impact on this.

Matthew Kennedy