ACR

View Only
  • 1.  Job ran as rerun, but should be normal monthly run. Why?

Posted 04-12-2022 14:30

I am sure there is an easy answers for this.  In short, I deleted some items (history, internal, calculated) and deleted a rule from an existing job that ran in our batch in mid March. When the job ran in April the history seems to be going back a version too far and it appears to have been rerun with the same cycle number as the past month and the new history file was not created. This created "Out Of Balance" scenarios for any history related items for the job. The history item appears as follows:
    Job ID: FSQ306 UAC20099
    Run information:
        Return code: 0995
        Cycle number: 20220301 Run number: 999
        Run date: 22.094 Start time: 10:34:57
        Rerun date: 22/04/04 Rerun time: 11:24:41
        Number of reruns: 1

There should be a new history item with Cycle number 20220404 instead of rerunning with the past cycle number. We did not change any rerun options for the job or run with any rerun parameters.  Feels like something got messed up when I deleted the items noted above.  

Any ideas would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Job ran as rerun, but should be normal monthly run. Why?

Employee
    Posted 04-13-2022 04:53

Hi Stacey,

If the job is run once more, does the output again reflect it was performed as a "rerun"?

There are many possibilities on why this may have occurred. On what platform is the team hosting ACR? I recommend opening a support case so we may review your JCL that was submitted for the job run.

Matthew Kennedy

• 3.  RE: Job ran as rerun, but should be normal monthly run. Why?

Posted 04-13-2022 05:38

Thanks for reaching out Matthew,

I already reached out to support.  Thought someone might have an easy answer.  Nothing changed in JCL and we don't use any operator coded parameters.  Nothing changed in the ACR balancing job beyond deleting a few items as noted above.  Never ran as rerun before (unless the actual batch job needed to rerun).  Thought there might be an easy idea what would trigger rerun just by deleting a few items. 

Thanks anyway

Stacey

Stacey

• 4.  RE: Job ran as rerun, but should be normal monthly run. Why?

Posted 04-13-2022 05:44

One thing that is odd is that the Run date and rerun date are the same and the job only ran once.  The start time is when the job started and the rerun time is when the job ended. The run that originally generated the 20200301 cycle number was back on March 1.