ACR

View Only
  • 1.  How to get List History Report using JCL

Posted 02-01-2021 10:54
    Hello,

I'm currently helping application teams to upgrade their databases from ACR4.9 to 9.3 (Summary and Details).

During Reorg is required to obtain the database size before performing the reorg, I coud find at infogix site how to perform it using, windows and ZOS. However, in zOS, there's only showcase from inside of ACR Pannels, which we didn't install, on our environment we use all features from ACR using JCL:
    https://support.infogix.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019479293

So how may I get list history report using JCL?
    I found in the STEP1 from these following Jobs, which uses PGM=UDSUTIL.
    DETEXPHF and SUMEXPHF
    Can they be used for this end?

Best Regards

• 2.  RE: How to get List History Report using JCL

Employee
    Posted 02-01-2021 11:42

I attached a couple List History JCL examples to this post. DETDHFL is for ACR/Detail and SUMHFL is for ACR/Summary.

The following changes would need to be made to match your environment's requirements:

• Job card
    • UNICF's DSN for your ACR control file
    • UNIUF's DSN for your ACR user option file
    • STEPLIB's DSN for your ACR LOADLIB
    • UNIHF's DSN for ACR/Detail's history database (only for ACR/Detail's List History JCL)
    • UACHIST's DSN for ACR/Summary's history database (only for ACR/Summary's List History JCL)
    • UACDEFN's DSN for ACR/Summary's definition database (only for ACR/Summary's List History JCL)

Both of the examples are set to print an List History report equal to the "Statistics, index, summary" option in the ACR panels. It won't print actual item values and doesn't filter on jobs/keys. If you'd like to add a filter or enable printing item values, continue with the following steps.

Printing item values

This is an optional flag to print the item details stored within history. The flag is contained within the UNIINP DD for both ACR/Summary and ACR/Detail.

ACR/Summary is the letter "B" on column 57:

//STEP1.UNIINP DD *
    LIST HF B

ACR/Detail is the letter "B" in column 61 of both records:

//STEP1.UNIINP DD *
    LIST DHF 001 B
    002 B

Filtering results

ACR/Summary's history can be filtered by Job ID and ACR/Detail's by key. These filters can be combined with the item value option as well.

ACR/Summary's filter uses the following syntax: columns 21 through 38 is the beginning Job/Step/Qualifier and columns 39 through 56 for the ending Job/Step/Qualifier. It will look like the following syntax, with J's, S's and Q's showing the position of Job, Step and Qualifier begin and end filters:

//STEP1.UNIINP  DD *
    LIST HF JJJJJJJJSSSSSSSSQQJJJJJJJJSSSSSSSSQQ

ACR/Detail's filter uses the following syntax: columns 21 through 60 of the first record is the beginning Key and columns 21 through 60 of the second record is the key:

//STEP1.UNIINP DD *
    LIST DHF 001SAMPLE STARTING KEY
    002SAMPLE ENDING KEY

Attached files

DETDHFL
    SUMHFL