Data360 Analyze

View Only
  • 1.  Archive Compress Node

Posted 02-24-2021 08:52

Maybe I am using this incorrectly but the output zip file does not work as expected.

It will appear empty when opened in windows explorer, but if you open it with say, 7-zip you can see that the entire path is inside the zip so you have to browse to the files.

so the result is this

but open in 7-zip

and you have to go into each folder until you get to the files

So is this normal? it doesnt seem like it is... when you open it, it should show the files in the root of the zip.

• 2.  RE: Archive Compress Node

Employee
    Posted 02-24-2021 10:17

That looks like a bug. Thanks for highlighting the issue.

Reference LAE-25074

• 3.  RE: Archive Compress Node

Posted 02-24-2021 10:27

I figured it was. Thanks Adrian!

• 4.  RE: Archive Compress Node

Employee
    Posted 02-25-2021 08:56

Hi Geoff,

With further consideration it looks like the node may be working (mostly) as expected as the SourcePath is a directory. However there appears to be an issue that the node is creating a directory with an blank name at the root of the archive (as indicated by the double backslash in the path displayed in 7z). 

I think it would be good to have an enhancement to allow the root of the archive file to correspond with the source directory as this would allow the archived files to appear correctly when using the Windows compressed (zipped) folder utility. I have raised an enhancement request for this option (ref. LAE-25825)

• 5.  RE: Archive Compress Node

Posted 02-25-2021 09:01

Sounds good!  

I think it would also be nice to have an option to include (or not) the path in the zip. Where if you choose to not include it, when you open the zip it would be at the files, instead of the base folder of the path...

THANKS!!

• 6.  RE: Archive Compress Node

Posted 10-25-2022 00:59
    The latest Analyze releases (3.8.5 and 3.10.1) include an enhancement to the Archive Compress node that should address this issue. From the 3.10.1 release notes document...
    Added a new property "CreateFileUsingAbsolutePath" to the "Archive Compress"
    node, where the backwards compatibility is set to true. When set to false the path of the files in
    the created zip file will be relative to the source folder, as opposed to using the full file path of
    the source system which previously caused issues with the default Windows zip tool when
    trying to open the zip files produced by the node.

------------------------------
    Mario Ermacora
    Optivia (Logiclear Pty Ltd)
    Melbourne VIC
    ------------------------------