Data360 Analyze

View Only
  • 1.  Moving files from Share Point to data360 server and using the dir node

Posted 06-07-2021 13:21

I have found that there isn't a node to upload files sitting in a sharePoint folder. Are there any plans to develop one in a future release?

I was lucky enough to find someone who coded what I need to move the file from sharepoint to the server one specific file at a time - AND, if to automate, the filename is always the same. 

In other words, I can't use something similar to what the DIR node does - gives me a listing of files in the share point folder.  Is there any other way to do this?  I have stopped short of being fully automated on many of my dataflows simply because I can't move files from Share Point to data360 server without first modifying the filename to drop the timestamps that are part of the filename.  In essence, I lose version control of the file because when I transfer the file, the create date for the file becomes the date I transferred the file.

• 2.  RE: Moving files from Share Point to data360 server and using the dir node

Employee
    Posted 06-08-2021 07:21

Analyze does provide some limited capability to access files in SharePoint - however only SharePoint 2013 is currently supported. 

We have a roadmap candidate for an enhancement to allow Analyze to access files in SharePoint 365/Online. However this enhancement is not targeted for a specific release at this time.

• 3.  RE: Moving files from Share Point to data360 server and using the dir node

Posted 06-09-2021 15:59

In light of major cyber attacks of recent - and those coming at lightning speed - taking giant steps to minimize exposure is a super high priority.  Moving files via uploads/downloads to safer environments (like SharePoint) while still maintaining automation that was in-place prior to a move [like to SharePoint] is very desirable.  I understand this is a roadmap candidate for enhancement w/out a specific release, but surely there are more companies besides ours that would find any enhanced SharePoint transfers beneficial AT THIS TIME.

I'd be interested in hearing from the user base on how they transfer back and forth to SharePoint.

• 4.  RE: Moving files from Share Point to data360 server and using the dir node

Employee
    Posted 06-10-2021 08:54

Re. the point in your original post about loosing the timestamp information when transferring the file. Do you have a way to access the original filename for the file that is being transferred? If so you could parse the filename and use the equivalent of 'touch' to set the local filesystem date and use os.move() to rename the file.

• 5.  RE: Moving files from Share Point to data360 server and using the dir node

Posted 04-08-2022 08:33

Adrian - has there been any Infogix development w/regards to creating a node that would transfer a SharePoint 365 file to a data360 server?  I know you alluded to that but wonder if any work or other interest has brought this issue to the forefront.  Continuing to use the os command though...