Data360 Analyze

View Only
  • 1.  Node counts rolled up - need exact number

Employee
    Posted 07-02-2019 10:04

Note: This was originally posted by an inactive account. Content was preserved by moving under an admin account.

I have a node that displays in D3SA as 317K. When I hover over the node I have 317312. How can I change the display so the node says the full value - 317312

• 2.  RE: Node counts rolled up - need exact number

Employee
    Posted 07-05-2019 03:48

It is not currently possible to configure the UI to display the full record count by default. The rationale for the current operation is to save space on the canvas.

We do not have plans at this time to implement a user preference control for this aspect of the display but would like to receive feedback from users on the utility of such a feature, either in the comments or as an 'up-vote' using the up arrow to the right of the original post.

• 3.  RE: Node counts rolled up - need exact number

Posted 07-08-2019 14:05

Adrian - I appreciate your feedback and in a meeting with several users today most who have used Lavastorm say it is important to their workflow to have the exact number the way they had it in Lavastorm. Not showing the full number does not provide any benefit outside of showing it wasn't a zero.

• 4.  RE: Node counts rolled up - need exact number

Posted 07-29-2019 05:23

I agree with previous comments
    Indeed, it would be nice to be able to adjust the drawing of the canvas, such as:
    - complete number in the pins labels
    - color of the canvas, with or without grid (useful when we need a copy of a part of the flow to write documentation or report...)
    - floating labels to describe a stream with an explicit comment

• 5.  RE: Node counts rolled up - need exact number

Posted 07-03-2022 11:15
    Don / All likewise for many of our users at CCI, the exact counts in LAE vs the rounded counts in Analyze were actually very useful; while at first glance it doesn't seem like it would be a large issue. For verification purposes, especially for reruns; it has kind of become a second nature ability for many of our LAE users to take in all the exact  record counts in a single glance and across runs use instantly recognize where they need to zero in on a graph/flow for further review. In that way exact counts are a very significant accelerator for CCI, and indeed it would be a great boon if this (among other canvas customization features could be made options in Analyze

------------------------------
    Edward Bodie
    Consolidated Communications Enterprise Services, Inc.
    ------------------------------