LAE

View Only
  • 1.  cannot find base library r.brg

Posted 11-27-2019 10:13

i keep getting "cannot find base library r.brg" when i load up a graph?

its a "newer" error.. did I do something or add something to cause it?

(and how to fix?)

• 2.  RE: cannot find base library r.brg

Employee
    Posted 11-27-2019 10:40

You can find the R node installer for LAE 6.1.4 on the download page for that release. Ensure you install the version that corresponds to your PC architecture. The Release Notes document provides instructions on setting up the system to use the R node.

• 3.  RE: cannot find base library r.brg

Employee
    Posted 11-27-2019 10:42

See the section for the R Node Pack 6.1.1.1 at the bottom of the page

• 4.  RE: cannot find base library r.brg

Posted 11-27-2019 10:43

yeah, but what is it? i found the R docs, but what is trying to use it? an earlier version of the same graph doesnt have the error... so something i added is causing it.

• 5.  RE: cannot find base library r.brg

Employee
    Posted 11-28-2019 03:39

Did you add any custom library nodes to the graph? The r.brg may have been included as a dependent library at the time the library node was originally build.

If you are not using an open source R environment for statistical analysis in any of your nodes in the graph then you can remove the reference to the r.brg

I suggest making a copy of the graph first in Windows Explorer so that you can safely examine the effects of the change. Open the graph - the repeated warnings about the missing library brg can be  okayed. If a node relies on the missing library then a  new warning should then be displayed that indicates which node in the graph has a 'bad type' , e.g.

Within the graph the affected node will be shown on the canvas as a placeholder, e.g.

You can then investigate whether the affected node is relevant to your analysis or can be deleted. 

If the R node is not required for your analysis you can remove the r.brg as a dependent library by clicking on:

Graph -> Edit Base Libraries

Then in the Base Libraries dialog select the entry for the r.brg in the list and click the red 'X' delete button, 

Okay the dialog and save the graph. Close the graph and the warning messages should no longer be present when you re-open it.

• 6.  RE: cannot find base library r.brg

Posted 12-02-2019 07:31

heres the thing... when i open the graph, i get this... twice

then i check the libraries.. R is not listed

sooo. im confused lol. I cant remove it, and it doesnt tell me where.

thanks!

• 7.  RE: cannot find base library r.brg

Posted 12-02-2019 08:11

found it! our local SME found a reference in a different spot, removed it and the error is gone. He has no clue how I did it lol but its all set now!

• 8.  RE: cannot find base library r.brg

Employee
    Posted 12-02-2019 08:34

That is good news!

I was just looking at it and, for future reference by you or others ...

If you open the .brg file in Notepad++ you can see which libraries are referenced at the start of the file:

You can then search for references to the actual node within the brg by searching for bretype:r:R

The line above containing "node:" would then give you the name of the node that uses the R node.

Alternatively, from within the application, from the menu use Edit -> Find and then search for the RPort' property would also display a list of nodes that used the R node:

Clicking the 'View' button on the results will navigate to the selected node and clicking the 'Open Properties' button will open the node in the node editor.

• 9.  RE: cannot find base library r.brg

Posted 12-02-2019 08:49

Ahhh perfect! Thank you!