LAE

View Only
  • 1.  Not able to migrate BRG to Dataverse file

Employee
    Posted 04-19-2021 20:21

Hi,

I am trying to upload one of my old graph which is in .brg format to the new dataverse version. The .brg version contains a library which is missing now as in I am not aware where it is now. Is it possible to upload this .brg file to .lna version.

Regards,

Jagdev

• 2.  RE: Not able to migrate BRG to Dataverse file

Employee
    Posted 04-20-2021 10:57

The Analyze import process validates the presence of any library nodes that are specified in the legacy data flow (.brg) file.

Missing library nodes will generate errors during the import process. You can continue to import the legacy data flow but, when the data flow is opened in Analyze, the missing nodes will be replaced by placeholders in the data flow and connection information may not be present. 

You could alternatively edit the base libraries in BRE to remove the 'missing' library and save the modified graph (with a new name) and then attempt tp import the legacy data flow into Analyze. This is the way to go if you have referenced a custom library in the graph but you are not actually using any of the nodes that are included in the library.

• 3.  RE: Not able to migrate BRG to Dataverse file

Employee
    Posted 04-20-2021 15:39

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for sharing the aforementioned information but, unfortunately I don't have access to the BRE version of this BRG file. I am trying to upload this BRG to Data verse via Import >> Legacy Data flow and I am getting attached error msg.

Regards,

Jagdev

• 4.  RE: Not able to migrate BRG to Dataverse file

Employee
    Posted 04-21-2021 01:15

Hi Jagdev,

The error message was not attached to your comment. There is a two step mechanism to attach a file - you need to choose the file and then click the 'Atach file' button.

However, re. your main issue, you can try editing the .brg file in Notepad/ Notepadd++ to remove the reference to the missing base library. When the .brg file is opened it should look similar to the following:

The base library references are those begining with "baselib:" and there should be a reference to your missing library in those lines. Delete the appropriate line and save the file. You should be able to import the legacy data flow into Data360 Analyze - though you may still get errors about missing library nodes if your graph included instances of the nodes in the missing library.