LAE

View Only
  • 1.  Using Results from 1 Node to another Node between Composite

Employee
    Posted 02-03-2022 17:02

Hi Support

I was wondering if there is a way to share results from a filter node in one composite and then reference this within another composite?

Attached files

Capture.JPG

• 2.  RE: Using Results from 1 Node to another Node between Composite

Employee
    Posted 02-08-2022 06:42

Only by connecting the output of the Filter node to an Output pin of the first Composite node and then connecting this to an Input pin of the other Composite node.

• 3.  RE: Using Results from 1 Node to another Node between Composite

Employee
    Posted 02-08-2022 16:00

Hi Adrian

Thanks for replying to my question

I am new to using 'composite', so if i understand your response. I would need to output the results in either csv or excel towards a directory and within the other 'composite' i would need to read in that output file?

• 4.  RE: Using Results from 1 Node to another Node between Composite

Employee
    Posted 03-30-2022 04:12

No, you can insert an output pin onto the Composite which is supplying the data. The node generating the data would be connected to the output pin.

The Composites that are to receive the data would have an input pin added to the Composite and the node(s) that will process the data are connected to the input pin.

The output of the first Composite node is then connected to the input pin of other Composite node.

See the attached example.

Attached files

Passing_Data_Between_Composite_Nodesexample.brg

• 5.  RE: Using Results from 1 Node to another Node between Composite

Employee
    Posted 03-30-2022 15:56

Hi Adrian,

Thank You for this example!

I tend to understand a lot better looking at the visual explanation, it took me a min or two to understand how you did this but I got there.

This is exactly what I was after, I have been able to update my current composites with this.

Once again thanks, it is a great help

Enjoy your day