LAE

View Only
  • 1.  How to use Fuzzy logic for Name

Employee
    Posted 03-06-2018 06:34

Note: This was originally posted by an inactive account. Content was preserved by moving under an admin account.

Originally posted by: Jagdev

Hi All,

I would like to use Fuzzy logic to match identical name from my data set.

Ex -

Jagdev T Sinder
    Jagdev Sinder
    Sinder Jagdev

Like in excel we have fuzzy logic to display percentage of Text match. Do we have the same logic here.

Regards,
    Jagdev

• 2.  RE: How to use Fuzzy logic for Name

Employee
    Posted 03-07-2018 10:33

Note: This was originally posted by an inactive account. Content was preserved by moving under an admin account.

Hi Experts,

Any views on the above request.

Regards,
    Jagdev

• 3.  RE: How to use Fuzzy logic for Name

Employee
    Posted 03-09-2018 00:23

Hi Experts,

Any update on this please.

Regards,
    Jagdev

• 4.  RE: How to use Fuzzy logic for Name

Employee
    Posted 03-12-2018 09:05

Originally posted by: awilliams1024

Here is an example of using the Fuzzy X-Ref node.
    The example on the left uses only fuzzy matching as there are no match keys defined on the Exact tab.
    The example on the right uses a combination of exact matching on the 'Type' field and fuzzy matching on the 'NAME' field.

Fuzzy_Matching_Names.brg

• 5.  RE: How to use Fuzzy logic for Name

Employee
    Posted 03-15-2018 09:43

Hi A,

Thanks for the code. I am also looking for the percentage of match. Is it possible?

Regards,
    Jagdev

• 6.  RE: How to use Fuzzy logic for Name

Employee
    Posted 03-16-2018 04:30

Originally posted by: awilliams1024

Hi Jagdev,

See the "FuzzyScoreOutputField" property on the Optional tab:

"If set, the value will be used as the name of a field in the Unique Match and the MultiMatch output pins. This field contains the fuzzy scores of the data."

The score value is not a percentage match as such and the meaning of the score depends on the fuzzy algorithm used e.g. for Levenshtein it represents the number of character edits (insert, delete or substitution) that are required to transform one string into the other string. However the score provides a measure of the match (see the node help/tooltip for the 'FuzzyAlgorithm' property for additional information).

Regards,
    Adrian

• 7.  RE: How to use Fuzzy logic for Name

Posted 02-02-2021 23:51

Hi Adrian I wanted to see that code, as I am having similar problem of name mismatch but I am unable to import .brg file in Data3sixty analyse. Could you please help.

Thanks

• 8.  RE: How to use Fuzzy logic for Name

Employee
    Posted 02-03-2021 02:35

The .brg file was created by the Lavastorm product but can be imported into Data360 Analyze using the Import > Legacy data flow menu option