Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Put AssetPath available as Display and Edit Format in a list configuration

Posted 04-28-2022 23:17

For the moment it seems that the Asset Path is not an available field in the List configuration.

We need this functionality in order to make sure that the users select the correct value.  The same name can occur when they are under two different Parent values.

Maybe this is possible and I need to do some configuration??

Can you please investigate and advise?

Thx Steve

• 2.  RE: Put AssetPath available as Display and Edit Format in a list configuration

Posted 04-29-2022 01:17

Hi <x-zendesk-user data-user-name="S Selleslagh">430680398854</x-zendesk-user>,

Is your requirement to be able to break down the asset path into its various elements / hierarchy levels / components, isolate each one and make each one listable so that if a user is looking at table columns that are called "ID", they are able to see the 'Table', 'Schema', 'Database' and 'Host' in separate columns (that are filterable and sortable) in order to understand more about that column?

If so I may have some good news. . . 

Thanks 

John

• 3.  RE: Put AssetPath available as Display and Edit Format in a list configuration

Posted 04-29-2022 01:21

Hi John,

This would even be better than my initial requirement!

Happy to receive the good news!

Best regards

Steve

• 4.  RE: Put AssetPath available as Display and Edit Format in a list configuration

Posted 04-29-2022 01:29

So coming in a release that is expect very soon. Possibly next Friday to DEV (perhaps the week after) is this functionality:

So you add a new field and select the type of "Asset Path", but instead of bring back the full path separated by ">", you will be able to select to "List Single Segment" and select the level of the path you want to display. This is now listable!!

You can repeat that process as many times as you need and remember that you can make fields listable without even having to display them on the detail page. So you could display the full path on the detail page and have it broken out in the list view. Loads of options to play with to give you users a great experience.

Very excited about this one!

(as a side note and as a cherry on top of the Cake the dev have added the ability to define a sort order to the configuration menu too. Great if you use Auto-numbering and want to show the latest records first) 

• 5.  RE: Put AssetPath available as Display and Edit Format in a list configuration

Posted 04-29-2022 01:33

Great improvement! Thanks for the info, I'll test and deploy it as soon as it is deployed!