Community FAQs

View Only

How do I embed videos in my posts?

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  How do I embed videos in my posts?

Community Manager
    Posted 06-12-2019 16:24
    No replies, thread closed.
    You may have noticed, I love videos! I spend more time watching YouTube than I do "regular" TV most days. Of course, I'm very happy that on the Knowledge Communities, we're able to embed videos from certain sites in our posts.

The process is very easy, with only one limitation: only videos from YouTube or Vimeo platforms can be embedded.

1. Prepare your post that you are writing to include a video with.
    2. Go to your selected video's platform and choose the "Share" option.
    3. When given the choice, choose to "Embed" the video when sharing, and copy the code that is presented to you. It will look something like this:
      1. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lbLMRc3e5Tw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    4. Click the Insert > Embedded Video button on your post's menu
    5. Paste the code you copied in step 3, and click "Embed Video"

Your video will then show up embedded in your post, instead of you linking out to the YouTube or Vimeo page directly. For instance, the code above when I follow the steps looks like this:

Pretty cool (and I'm not saying that just because that's my voice you're hearing)!

Keep an eye out for the #Video tag in the Communities - that will denote that a post has a video in it. Show us the videos that inspire you so we can learn even more together.  

​​

------------------------------
    Sydney Lawton
    Community Manager
    ------------------------------