Community FAQs

View Only

How do I update my Contact information in the Communities?

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  How do I update my Contact information in the Communities?

Community Manager
    Posted 06-18-2019 17:31
    Edited by Lee Henty 08-22-2022 10:49
    No replies, thread closed.
    You've joined the community, you're updating your profile, and you notice that something is a little off - maybe an old address is showing, or an old phone number; or maybe the wrong address is displayed entirely. You click to edit your details, and you see no fields to update your information!

*cue horror music*

Never fear! The Knowledge Communities currently pulls information out of Precisely's backend record system. When you sign up for the site, if you have had certain interactions with us before, your contact information will be matched up with what is on file. If you're and end user who has not had direct contact with us before, you may show up as the default "Knowledge Communities Shared Account" information.

At this time, we don't have a way for Community users to update this information and feed it back to our backend system - but we are working on it. In the meantime, you have a few options:

1. If you are a current customer with a minor change, you can contact your Account representative, Client Service, or Technical Support to request an update to your information
    2. If you are an end user who wound up in the Knowledge Communities Shared Account default, you will need to open a Client Services case so they can confirm your account information and get you updated to the correct info. You can email your request to Client Services here.
    3. If you are not a current customer, or if the above two options don't work for you, you can email the Moderators with the correct info for you, and we will do our best to update your information.

Regardless of your choice of options, the update to your contact information may take some time to complete. Please allow a full business day before following up on any contact update request. The Moderators and Client Services appreciate your patience! As always, if there is an urgent or specific need, sending me a message directly through the community is also an option - but only use this as a last resort (my inbox thanks you!).

Note - this thread is LOCKED - do not post your contact information here to request an update. You must contact one of the above resources to have your contact information updated.

------------------------------
    Sydney Lawton
    Community Manager
    ------------------------------