Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Map layers disapearing

Posted 11-02-2021 17:24
    Edited by Russell Ferguson 11-02-2021 17:28
    Hi everyone hoping someone can tell me what is going on here. Every couple of days SSA 20.1 fails to load the maps. When I go to investigate the maps I get this error come up and all the layers have disappeared form the map. When I go and check the map layers there is none there, and I can't add them back in. I have to create a new Map containing the required layers.
    Several times the admin account has also been locked out, and I have had to re enable it Via cmd line.

This getting really annoying now. I have a ssa workspace, that contains that contains many maps and layers it takes a while to get it back.
    Hoping someone has a clue as to what is going on here.

<sm-resource-messages _ngcontent-kkx-c13="">
    <sm-resource-message>
    <ngb-alert class="message-info-position alert alert-danger" role="alert">
    This resource is broken and cannot be used. UnknownError.actionMap

E069001: Unknown error encountered. Cause: 'file backing binary value not found'
    </ngb-alert>
    </sm-resource-message>
    </sm-resource-messages>

------------------------------
    Russell Ferguson
    Ararat Rural City Council
    Ararat VIC

• 2.  RE: Map layers disapearing

Employee
    Posted 11-03-2021 13:57
    Hi Russell

There seems to be a similar bug reported for SSA which occurs intermittently, the workaround suggested is restarting the servers.

Madhura S
    Precisely Software Inc.
    VOORHEES NJ

• 3.  RE: Map layers disapearing

Posted 11-03-2021 16:58
    Hi Russell,

Have you tried restarting the spectrum spatial module under the settings tab in the spatial manager? I have logged an idea with Precisely for a script or tool to be developed to help automate this process as I have seen it across several sites. 

Feel free to get in touch if you would like me to organise a screenshare with you as we are now looking after Ararat Council. 

Send me an email - matt.smith@spatialdistillery.com

Matt Smith
    The Spatial Distillery
    Sydney NSW

• 4.  RE: Map layers disapearing

Posted 11-03-2021 17:46
    Hi Russell, I've found over the years the best thing to do before making any change (regardless of how insignificant you think it is!), is to take a backup by duplicating the project. I've broken maps doing the simplest of things :)

Kieran McGowan
    Corangamite Shire Council
    Camperdown VIC

• 5.  RE: Map layers disapearing

Posted 11-03-2021 18:48
    Edited by Russell Ferguson 11-03-2021 18:49
    Thanks everyone,
    The funny thing is with this, I had not done anything to it no changes. It's completely random on what map and what layers it deletes. Last week it deleted every layer from every map, The layers are still there, it just deletes them from the map. It's Bizarre.
    I have tried to restart services and the server, but once it's broken it doesn't work. I go into the spatial manager and go to modify ie(put the layers back in the map) the map and it won't let me save it.
    So I delete the map, create a new map called exactly the same thing as it was, and save it and it works till next time.

Sometimes when I create the new map it looses the forms associated with the tables, and sometimes it finds them all again automatically.

Russell Ferguson
    Ararat VIC

• 6.  RE: Map layers disapearing

Posted 11-07-2021 15:50
    Hi Russell, 

Thanks for sharing further information. We can help you log a support case with Precisely if needed. There is a script I can provide to take a backup of the spectrum spatial manager repository using the spectrum CLI (commandline tool). I would suggest taking a backup of the repository one day when all maps are functioning as expected. This way it would be possible to compare the repository files to assist in reporting the issue to Precisely.

Matt Smith
    The Spatial Distillery
    Sydney NSW

• 7.  RE: Map layers disapearing

Posted 11-07-2021 16:54
    Thanks Matt the script would be good thanks.
    I just checked it today and it seems to be ok this morning. But it is random so I need to keep an eye on it. I will also do some screen shots next time too.

Russell Ferguson
    Ararat VIC

• 8.  RE: Map layers disapearing

Posted 11-07-2021 19:40
    Hi Russell, 

Not a problem, I will email you the script with some instructions.

Matt Smith
    The Spatial Distillery
    Sydney NSW