Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Change the Search box default text and link to local help file

• 1.  Change the Search box default text and link to local help file

Posted 12-01-2019 00:42
    I've been looking through the .css and .xml files trying to find the code to change but haven't been able to.

We have

Where it has "Post code, Name or Address" we would like it to have
    "Search by ..." as below

Is this possible? if not how can we change this to even some simpler text like "Find any address, lotplan or burial" for example.

Also can we get the Gear Icon --> Help go to a pdf or html link rather than http://xxx:8010/connect/analyst/mobile/help/en/index.html? We have a custom user guide and would like people to access this rather than the full PB guide which we link to as appropriate from our simple guide to key functions in this implementation.

------------------------------
    George Corea
    Mangoesmapping

• 2.  RE: Change the Search box default text and link to local help file

Posted 12-02-2019 19:07
    Hi George

Take a look at this previous thread for the change in query text display.

https://community.pitneybowes.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=d413d3dc-4512-4bc2-9b97-dfc01643e4ca&CommunityKey=6560e1eb-7a9f-4600-9d91-16dc5fb96ce6&tab=digestviewer

Thanks

Tim

Tim Warfe
    GIS Officer
    MOORABOOL SHIRE COUNCIL

• 3.  RE: Change the Search box default text and link to local help file

Employee
    Posted 12-02-2019 22:56
    Hi George,

Regarding the Search box default display text, would you like to refer to the below Knowledgebase article and confirm if that helps?
    https://support.pitneybowes.com/SearchArticles/VFP05_KnowledgeWithSidebarHowTo?id=kA180000000CufACAS&popup=false;&lang=en_US

I'll leave other queries for SSA Engineers to answer.

Thanks!

Ruchi Mishra
    Pitney Bowes Australia Pty Ltd
    Melbourne

• 4.  RE: Change the Search box default text and link to local help file

Posted 12-03-2019 17:57
    Thanks Ruchi and Tim,

The info in https://support.pitneybowes.com/SearchArticles/VFP05_KnowledgeWithSidebarHowTo?id=kA180000000CufACAS&popup=false;&lang=en_US worked to change the basic text.

I would still like to know if

1. We can have the whole list or if we can have a drop down to choose what the search type is?
    2. Change the link to the help file.

Regards,

George Corea
    Mangoesmapping

• 5.  RE: Change the Search box default text and link to local help file

Posted 12-09-2019 12:18
    Hi,

Does anyone have the solution for #2-Change the link to the help file? where in the config would this be?

Thanks,

George Corea
    Mangoesmapping

• 6.  RE: Change the Search box default text and link to local help file

Employee
    Posted 12-10-2019 00:24
    Hi George,

In the administration console, you will see the radio button for using external help link under "Settings". I hope this is what you are looking for. 

Thank you,
    Vishwas 

Vishwas Gupta
    Pitney Bowes Software India Pvt. Lt
    NOIDA

• 7.  RE: Change the Search box default text and link to local help file

Posted 12-11-2019 16:50

Hi @George Corea.

Not sure if this will help you??

In relation to :- We can have the whole list or if we can have a drop-down to choose what the search type is?

I create a CSV file nightly using FME, querying our different data sources to use as the search file and upload to SSA via the command line upload utility.   

When looking at each Dataset  I make sure there is a Prefix word that describes what data the search results are showing.   (Eg.  Address - 123 Box St, Springfield  VIC 3569)    

That way if the user wants to query a particular dataset or data type in the text search box they can start by typing "Address" and then go from there.​

Cheers

Tim

Tim Warfe
    GIS Officer
    MOORABOOL SHIRE COUNCIL

• 8.  RE: Change the Search box default text and link to local help file

Posted 12-12-2019 05:46
    Thanks Tim,

I have a mapbasic process (and FME for some clients) that creates the csv which has the type of result in it ... for example 'Mosmman [Locality]' or 'Row 1 Plot 2 in Memorial Garden of Mossman Cemetery' or '15 Main Street, Mossman [Address]' for example but I was hoping that there is a way that you could instead have a drop down which allows users to select [Locality] to only search localities or Address to just search for addresses.

Using a prefix instead also seems a good idea. I'll look into what the council users think of this as a solution till SSA improves it's search functionality.

Regards,

• 9.  RE: Change the Search box default text and link to local help file

Posted 12-28-2019 21:54
    Thanks.

We have upgraded to the current 2019 version of SSA/Spectrum and I can't see the option any longer -where has it moved to? I just see
    image.png

• 10.  RE: Change the Search box default text and link to local help file

Posted 01-01-2020 01:43
    I found that this setting has now moved to the Global Project Settings tab under Project Properties rather than the Settings Tab

image.png

On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 8:23 AM George Chandeep Corea <coreagc@gmail.com> wrote:
    Thanks.

We have upgraded to the current 2019 version of SSA/Spectrum and I can't see the option any longer -where has it moved to? I just see
    image.png

• 11.  RE: Change the Search box default text and link to local help file

Posted 01-03-2020 05:59
    HI @George Corea

yes, thanks for sharing! We moved all the Map Project Properties settings from the Admin Console to the Spatial Manager>Project Properties. The branding settings and the Find My Nearest settings are in the map Projects Settings of SS(A) UI. The tab settings you're talking about  is of Spatial Manager.

​thanks
    Monica

Monica Di Martino
    EMEA LI/GIS Presales Engineer
    Pitney Bowes

• 12.  RE: Change the Search box default text and link to local help file

Posted 03-03-2022 01:09
    Hello.

I'm continuing this thread as the issue I'm facing relates to the "Help" link.

Ever since we've updated Spectrum to 2020 version, the Help button in SSA is linking to the default Precisely Help menu, instead of the External Link defined in the Global Properties on the Spatial Manager Console. 

Has anyone else come across this? Is it a known "bug"?

Regards,
    Maria

Maria Sousa
    WOOLWORTHS GROUP LTD
    Bella Vista NSW

• 13.  RE: Change the Search box default text and link to local help file

Posted 03-05-2022 19:16
    Hi Maria, 

I haven't come across this issue. The help menu lauched from the SSA banner should load the webpage - https://docs.precisely.com/docs/sftw/analyst/20.1/en/webhelp/user-guide/index.html. This is the default SSA user guide. 

In spatial manager global properties I have the help link as default instead of a custom link. 

Have patches been applied for SSA? I have tested the above having applied up to patch S44 for SSA

https://docs.precisely.com/docs/sftw/spectrum/ProductUpdateSummary/ProductUpdateSummary/source/SummaryTable-2020.1.0.html#SummaryTable-2020-1-0__section_analyst

Regards. Matt

Matt Smith
    The Spatial Distillery
    Sydney NSW