Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  query layer

Posted 11-01-2021 14:07
    Hi, sure I asked this before but I can't find my original post now.

I'm trying to replicate a fairly standard MapInfo function in Spectrum Spatial, but can't.

I have a layer of polygons in Spectrum but want to show just some of them by 'selecting' them on the map.

In Pro : Select with shift key as many polygons as you want > add Selection to Map.  Query1 layer. Job done.

However in Spectrum when you select a polygon or multi-select you have to add them as an annotation individually. 

Even if you add all the polygons you want and merge them and then do a query within the merged polygons you end up selection adjoining polygons as the query seems to use intersects rather than within.

I'm really hopeful that I am missing something glaringly obvious here - surely I cant be the only person wanting this functionality!

Ever hopeful...

Nick

------------------------------
    Nick Hall
    Mapchester LTD
    Manchester

• 2.  RE: query layer

Employee
    Posted 11-02-2021 08:33
    Hi Nick,

This is a bug in the 20.1 version, I have tested the same in the older version(18.2)and it is working fine.

Madhura S
    Precisely Software Inc.
    VOORHEES NJ

• 3.  RE: query layer

Posted 11-02-2021 13:15
    Madhura,

thanks for confirming that I'm not going mad.  Can you describe how it used to work please. Could you add a multi-select as a single annotation? or was it a completely different function?

Nick

Nick Hall
    Mapchester LTD
    Manchester

• 4.  RE: query layer

Employee
    Posted 11-02-2021 16:00
    Edited by Madhura S 11-02-2021 16:04
    Hi Nick,
    In 18.2 version
    1. if I have a map like below

2. if I select some polygons and add them as annotation 

3. And select Query in selected from the annotation option and give my query

4. I will get the result of the required polygon and no other adjacent polygons are selected. 
    But in 20.1 the same query will select adjoining polygons and the results are not as expected.
    I hope this helps.

Madhura S
    Precisely Software Inc.
    VOORHEES NJ

• 5.  RE: query layer

Posted 11-03-2021 06:31
    Madhura,

Hi and thanks for the response. I can replicate that perfectly on 20.1 (with the bug!).  Any idea if that is due for fixing soon?

I guess my issue here is your step 2. "if I select some polygons and add them as annotation".  You are basically down to adding those annotations 1 at a time even if you use multi-select.  What I would like to be able to do is use multi-select tool and then have the option to "add all" as annotations even if they come over as separate features in the layer panel.  If you have a few polygons adding them one at a time is a pain.  Apologies for the rubbish mock-up but maybe something like this :

Regards,

Nick

Nick Hall
    Mapchester LTD
    Manchester

• 6.  RE: query layer

Employee
    Posted 11-03-2021 13:35
    Hi Nick,
    The 20.1 bug will be fixed in the upcoming release.

The idea to add all the selected polygons as one annotation looks interesting you should definitely put this idea in the ideas portal- https://ideas.precisely.com/

Madhura S
    Precisely Software Inc.
    VOORHEES NJ