UK Users Group

View Only
  • 1.  Connection Dialog Box coming up after installation

Posted 07-02-2020 12:18
    Hi

Has anyone else encountered this dialog box on loading MIPro v19.2 after installing it?

I'm trying to ascertain if this is caused by local network policies on my work computer or something to do with the PB licencing. I've just installed 19.1 and upgraded to 19.2.
    Installation was via a separate Admin account on my Win10 pc (my account does not allow me to install).
    If logged on via the Admin account the dialog does not appear.

thanks
    Martin

------------------------------
    Martin Dowler
    CHESHIRE & WIRRAL PARTNERSHIP NHS TRUST

• 2.  RE: Connection Dialog Box coming up after installation

Employee
    Posted 07-03-2020 09:57
    Hi Martin

That looks strange. If you are using a Concurrent license, MapInfo Pro will try to connect to the MapInfo License Server Utility to get a license. Could that explain it?

Does it help if you right-click on the MapInfo Pro logo and use Run as Administrator?

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Distinguished Engineer
    Pitney Bowes Software & Data

• 3.  RE: Connection Dialog Box coming up after installation

Posted 07-03-2020 11:21
    Those look like some proxy settings.
    Has it been installed on a server?
    It's not right anyway.

You would expect the first time that you used MapInfo that it would go through the routine of setting you up as a User.

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom

• 4.  RE: Connection Dialog Box coming up after installation

Posted 07-03-2020 11:49
    Martin,

Some data servers require a login i think.  Could it be a WMS/WFS/WMTS connection maybe?  Something thats not allowed through based on your permissions.

Nick

Nick Hall
    Mapchester LTD
    nick.hall@mapchester.co.uk

• 5.  RE: Connection Dialog Box coming up after installation

Posted 07-06-2020 10:41
    ​Thanks for the replies everyone - it turns out that it is nothing to do with MapInfo.

I did a little investigating and found that if I launched the software but was disconnected from the vpn the message didn't come up. I was wondering whether MapInfo sent some sort of validation request to its licence server on start-up which the organisations policies were blocking but it is an internal security certificate validation apparently. All non-standard software is added to some sort of Cisco certificate store. If the worst comes to the worst I will just keep closing the dialog..

Martin Dowler
    CHESHIRE & WIRRAL PARTNERSHIP NHS TRUST