MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  MapInfo Pro 2019.3 Build 41 crashing on zooming in and out

Posted 03-16-2022 09:24
    Hello all,

I've not long had v2019.3 Build 41 installed on a new laptop and noticed that it's very prone to crashing when zooming in and out - I think it's when layers are set to zoom ranges and so should switch on or off at different zoom levels.  I don't have this problem with v15.0 on the same laptop. 

Is this a known issue?  I've seen a few other posts about v2019 crashing but not relating to zooming in and out.

Thanks,
    Jane

------------------------------
    Jane Mason
    Biological Records Officer (GIS), Suffolk Biodiversity Information Service, UK

• 2.  RE: MapInfo Pro 2019.3 Build 41 crashing on zooming in and out

Employee
    Posted 03-17-2022 04:56
    Edited by Peter Møller 03-17-2022 04:56
    Hi Jane

That doesn't sound good. It's not something I have noticed.
    The layers you are using are the normal vector tab files or is it from a web service of some sort?

Also, note that we have a v2019 Build 45 available:
    https://support.precisely.com/product-downloads/item/mapinfo-pro-v2019-3-evaluation-version/.

I just checked the Release Notes but I didn't notice anything similar to what you describe.

I'd suggest that you download and install build 45 and see if that helps. If not, reach out to our support team

Let us know how you get on

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 3.  RE: MapInfo Pro 2019.3 Build 41 crashing on zooming in and out

Posted 03-17-2022 05:20

Hi Peter,

Thanks – it seems to be with normal vector tab files, most held locally – no web service layers.  There are labels set to switch on at certain levels too, but I haven't found if this is the issue.  If it's really troublesome I'll contact our IT as it sounds like a local issue.  I think we are moving to v2021 soon so hopefully that won't have the same behaviour. 

Best wishes,

Jane

• 4.  RE: MapInfo Pro 2019.3 Build 41 crashing on zooming in and out

Employee
    Posted 03-17-2022 05:23
    Edited by Peter Møller 03-17-2022 08:42
    OK, keep us posted.

If the problem continues after the upgrade, we need to investigate it a bit further.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data