MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Window Activation

Posted 12-03-2018 14:37
    I am currently running MapInfo 17.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows 10 and I am having trouble activating windows that are not 'Active'.  If I have a map open and a matching browser table window open I cannot switch back and forth between the two without having to click the window I want to activate two times.  The same goes for the Info tool and the MapBasic window.  Past iterations of MapInfo have allowed me to bring any window to the forefront for use with one click of the mouse.  Is this a known problem or something that I can remedy in the settings?

------------------------------
    Chris Gerlach
    ISO/VERISK INSURANCE SOLUTIONS
    Saint Louis Park MN

• 2.  RE: Window Activation

Posted 12-06-2018 11:54
    ​Hi Chris
    I'm not following you with this.
    Do you have your windows Tabbed or Floating?
    You just click once on the tab at the top of the window to activate.
    The active window will have a yellow diamond on the tab to help identify it.

Or are you working in the Layout. You need to double-click to make a map or browser window active
    in that environment.

John

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: Window Activation

Posted 04-22-2022 14:01
    Holy moly sorry for the late reply. I'll try to rephrase my question. All of the windows open within a workspace (Explorer, info, Tools, etc...) work but in order to move them around in Floating form I have to click on it once to activate it and then click it again to move it around. For instance, before I open any files the info window is open. I don't like where it is on the screen so I want to move it somewhere else. I'd like to just move the cursor over the header of the info window and drag it but I cannot do that. I have to unclick the cursor and then click again in order to move it. I wish I could make a video for you to understand.

Chris Gerlach
    ISO/VERISK INSURANCE SOLUTIONS
    Saint Louis Park MN