MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Layout scalebar disappeared / unable to remove

Posted 03-29-2022 05:12
    Hi all,

I'm running MapInfo Pro v2021 64 bit. However I have just been editing a workspace Layout but I noticed that the scale bar was not showing on the Layout window? Even though when I created a PDF, the scale bar was there? So I went back to try to re-enable the scale bar to see it on my layout window but it just created a new scale bar. So therefore the Layout is now producing 2 scale bars? How can I delete one? There is no option for me to delete it / select it?

I have tried closing down the workspace and re-opening but to no avail?

Ideally I don't want to close the layout and re-start over again, please can someone help or know what to do?

Thanks

Richard

------------------------------
    Richard Sherman
    United Kingdom

• 2.  RE: Layout scalebar disappeared / unable to remove

Posted 03-29-2022 10:44
    Hi Richard
    Is this a Scalebar generated in the Layout Window or in the Map Window?
    I suspect in the Layout Window - they operate differently, as the Layout Scalebar is linked to a Map Window and can be placed anywhere on the page.
    If you then activate the Map Window, the Layout Scalebar will disappear if it has been placed over the Map.
    As soon as you de-activate the Map Window, it will return.
    Is that the situation?

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: Layout scalebar disappeared / unable to remove

Posted 04-07-2022 11:58
    Edited by Richard Sherman 04-07-2022 12:06
    Hi John,

Thanks for your message. Yes I did re-activate then de-activate the Layout window however it did not work unfortunately so I had to remove the map from the Layout window and start again. Luckily I had to do that anyway due to needing to amend something else so it wasn't completely wasted time however it must have been a glitch as to why the scale bars were still appearing when I printed as PDF even though I couldn't actually see them on my Layout Screen! However I have managed to sort it out anyway at least that's ok for now.
    Richard Sherman
    United Kingdom