NZ Spatial Users

View Only
  • 1.  www.critchlow.co.nz

Posted 10-26-2017 03:21

For any of you using the Routefinder add-on for MapInfo Professional, a minor update version (5.08) was released on 17th October. Make sure you are using the 64bit version to be compatible with your latest 64bit install of MapInfo professional.

For an overview of the routing functions available in this great little tool and details of the download page, have a look at the following link:

http://www.critchlow.co.nz/software/mapinfo-solutions/routefinder-for-mapinfo

• 2.  RE: www.critchlow.co.nz

Posted 10-30-2017 20:23

?Hi Janet,

Thanks so much for sharing this :)

Should those of us already using RouteFinder apply the update as soon as possible? Currently when I start up MapInfo Pro it prompts me to update.

Also - just double checking that my Routing data doesn't need any special treatment to load in the latest version?

Thanks for your help!!

• 3.  RE: www.critchlow.co.nz

Posted 10-30-2017 21:19

Hi Laise,

I would always recommend applying updates as they generally include bug fixes, so installing the latest version is the best way to stay bug-free!

If you are already using the 64 bit version of the Routefinder tool (5.0 onwards), then no special treatment is required. If you were moving from 32 bit (version 4 and earlier), then you would need to be sure to update your speed file (.spd) and ensure you have your turn restriction data in delimited text format. I recommend checking with your data supplier that your road network data is compatible with both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Routefinder.

Hope that answers your question!

• 4.  RE: www.critchlow.co.nz

Posted 10-31-2017 18:59

?Awesome advice thanks Janet. All updated and was super simple. Happy Routing :)