Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Submitting Script to Evolve Changes Script Name - How do I prevent this

Posted 01-05-2023 19:10
    I am trying to submit three scripts to Evolve, a Class Create script, a Class Update script, and a Class Read script as a single multiple script solution. When I submit all three I get prompted for a solution name, it defaults to the first, which is "Class Create".  I can change the name to be "Class - Create, Update, and Read", and it goes in fine. 

The problem comes when I go to open the solution, I see the three scripts, but the three scripts names are Class - Create, Update, and Read, Class Update, and Class Read.  I want the user to understand the first script is only a create, not all three.   

Is there a way to submit the scripts to Evolve so that the solution has one name like "Class - Create, Update, and Read" but each individual script retains their individual names Class Create, Class Update, and Class Read. 

-Josh

------------------------------
    Josh Bawden | Information Management Engineer
    J.R. Simplot Company | (208) 336-2110

• 2.  RE: Submitting Script to Evolve Changes Script Name - How do I prevent this

Employee
    Posted 01-06-2023 09:48
    Hi Josh,

It's great you want to have a good naming convention for solutions/templates.

When you first submit the scripts - the multiple scripts - you can overtype the "solution name", which will be the template name.

Hope that helps!
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 3.  RE: Submitting Script to Evolve Changes Script Name - How do I prevent this

Employee
    Posted 01-06-2023 09:48
    PS:  If you want the name to be adjusted by default, rename the first script, and it will be the name you want it to be.

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 4.  RE: Submitting Script to Evolve Changes Script Name - How do I prevent this

Posted 01-06-2023 16:10
    Sigrid, thanks for getting back to me but that didn't quite answer my question. In the example below I have two scripts 'Class - Create' and 'Class - Update' and I have changed the solution name to 'Class - Create and Update'.   The first script only does create, the second script only does update but the solution allows creating or updating depending on the script that is selected. 

Once the solution is approved and then open it up in Winshuttle. The solution is named 'Class - Create and Update' which is what I expect, but when they look at the scripts attached to the solution, it changed the name of the first script from 'Class - Create' to 'Class - Create and Update' which is confusing for the user because that script doesn't do create and update, it only does create.  

I would like the solution to be called 'Class - Create and Update' but once they open up the solution, the two scripts are named 'Class - Create' and a second script 'Class - Update'

-Josh

Josh Bawden | Information Management Engineer
    J.R. Simplot Company | (208) 336-2110

• 5.  RE: Submitting Script to Evolve Changes Script Name - How do I prevent this

Posted 05-12-2023 07:59

Hi Josh,

I'm currently facing the exact same problem.

I want to publish some solutions that contain multiple scripts and also want to have a general description for the process in the Solution Name while keeping the individual name for each script intact.

Example
    Solution Name: XX01_Process_Name

Script 1 Name: XX01_TCODE_Action_Description.Txr
    Script 2 Name: XX01_TABLE_Query.Qsq
    Script 3 Name: XX01_TCODE_Action_Description.Txr

However, just like you've shown, it seems that after publishing Evolve always overwrites "Script 1 Name" with the "Solution Name".

João Cardoso
    Infineon Technologies North America Corporation