Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Notification scheduled Scripts wasn't sucessful

Posted 09-08-2022 02:36
    Hello community, do any of you have an idea how it is possible to get a notification from Winshuttle when a script was not executed successfully? We have several scripts in the scheduler, which mostly (95%) run, but now and then there are scripts, which for various reasons, just do not run, and for this I would like a mail or message from Winshuttle that the script has not run successfully.
    I know there is the action log, but to check this every day is rather not an option. The mail notification that the script is terminated, would also be too much for all scripts......
    Thanks for a tip or solution.
    Greetings Matthias

------------------------------
    Matthias Lautenschläger | PLM Assistant
    GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH |

• 2.  RE: Notification scheduled Scripts wasn't sucessful
    Best Answer

Employee
    Posted 09-26-2022 11:28
    Hi Matthias, 
    I don't believe the notifications can be setup for failures only. I think this is a great feature suggestion, Thank you!!
    @Rishav Kumar - Is it possible to add this to the backlog for consideration, please?

Thanks
    Jayasri

Jayasri Varyani | SE
    Winshuttle North America |

• 3.  RE: Notification scheduled Scripts wasn't sucessful

Posted 09-27-2022 22:52
    Hi @Jayasri Varyani

Thanks for including me in this conversation. 

Hi Matthias,

I was looking into the details on the error emails we already send in Evolve and Studio Manager and found a number of scenarios listed below, these scenarios includes and are not limited to:
    • Autorun job fails,
    • Autorun job validation fails,
    • Autorun with errors from SAP,
    • Query scheduled run fails,
    • Query run validation error

Can you please confirm if the above does not cover your scenarios and in which scenarios do we need to add failure notifications. Also the information related to the current product(s) you are using (Studio, Foundation, User Governance, Evolve or Studio Manager) along with the version number will be helpful to prioritize this request. 

Thanks,
    Rishav

Rishav Kumar | Product Manager
    Winshuttle North America | +61410964724

• 4.  RE: Notification scheduled Scripts wasn't sucessful

Posted 01-17-2023 06:52
    Sorry for the late response, i got no notification about your response, as well none from @Jayasri Varyani, thx for that.

So @Rishav Kumar
    Hello, I can't find any setting that Winshuttle sends me a message when a script was not executed successfully. I have only the setting that I get a mail that the script is scheduled at 00.00 o'clock e.g.
    But this mail says nothing about the progress of the transaction as in the Action Log e.g.

This kind of suggestions you made would be a great asset to choose in wich case i would like to get a notification from Winshuttle, with out a daily check in action log.
    • Autorun job fails,
    • Autorun job validation fails,
    • Autorun with errors from SAP,
    • Query scheduled run fails,
    • Query run validation error

Thx and greetings to both of you

​​

Matthias Lautenschläger | PLM Assistant
    GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH |