MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Edit size or position of Bing Copyright

Posted 09-20-2022 06:47
    Hi, 

Is there a way to edit the size or position of the Microsoft (Bing) copyright text, in a layout? It's covering up a crucial part of the map display.

Normally, I'd change the map position so the important info is visible, but in this case it's a specifically-located map strip above a cross-section (using Discover) so it needs to be the fixed size/position, and the Bing copyright takes up a large proportion of the map window..

Thanks in advance
    Caroline

------------------------------
    Caroline Hilton
    Pelican GeoGraphics Ltd (VAR)

• 2.  RE: Edit size or position of Bing Copyright

Posted 09-20-2022 07:12
    Caroline,

Firstly, let me say I'm not 100% sure you are allowed to alter the size.  I'm sure someone at Precisely will know ;)

If you are though then there is an XML file called BingAerial.XML located in C:\Program Files\MapInfo\Professionalv21.1\TileServer

This contains the line:

<AttributionText Font="Font (&quot;Tahoma&quot;,257,8,16777215,0)">Microsoft Bing © 2011 Microsoft 

I think the 8 is the font size.  I haven't tested this myself so could be completely wrong here.

Please copy the file before editing it and maybe check you're not infringing anything too.

HTH

Nick

Nick Hall
    Mapchester LTD
    Manchester

• 3.  RE: Edit size or position of Bing Copyright

Posted 09-20-2022 07:17
    Many thanks, Nick. That's really useful.

Would there be something we could add to the xml to force it to left-justify, instead of right-justify? That would probably be all we needed to do for this particular map window.

Caroline Hilton
    Petersfield

• 4.  RE: Edit size or position of Bing Copyright

Posted 09-21-2022 11:54
    From the Bing Terms of Use:
    You must not change, obscure, remove, or resize any logo, trademark, copyright, or other notice of Microsoft or its suppliers or digital watermarks, if any, in the Content. You must display in a conspicuous manner within your Application any Microsoft or third party attribution provided by Microsoft.
    If that helps....?

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom

• 5.  RE: Edit size or position of Bing Copyright

Posted 09-21-2022 12:18

Cheers John.

I saw that, after posting the question. It doesn't say we can't move it though... (a work-around required, I think, as it's REALLY ugly where it is, and obscures the data completely!)

Frustrating not to be able to resize the text, as it takes up a large amount of the map. This is the map...

Caroline Hilton
    Petersfield